Checkout/Lock configuration on plastic cloud server

jitterist

Hi jitterist,

Are you using it in combination with Team Edition or are you on Cloud Edition?

Anyway, try this:

cm listlocks --server=your_organization@cloud

In my case:

cm listlocks --server=codice@cloud

This will show the locks held in the cloud server, otherwise you are most likely listing the local ones :)

7 hours ago, psantosl said:

Hi jitterist,

Are you using it in combination with Team Edition or are you on Cloud Edition?

Anyway, try this:

cm listlocks --server=your_organization@cloud

In my case:

cm listlocks --server=codice@cloud

This will show the locks held in the cloud server, otherwise you are most likely listing the local ones :)

Thank you for the suggestion, I'm on the cloud edition. Sadly it didn't work out. Any other ideas? Does the server even notice when I check out a file?

Hi jitterist,

Is your workspace configured to work with your local repository or with the cloud one? Please have in mind that exclusive locks are not shared between repositories, so if your workspace is set to interact with your local server you won't see any locks in the cloud.

You can check this using the 'cm status' command: its output starts with the full specification of the currently loaded changeset in the workspace.

Could you give us this details so we can have a better understanding of your setup? Thank you!

Regards,

Miguel

12 hours ago, mig said:

Hi jitterist,

Is your workspace configured to work with your local repository or with the cloud one? Please have in mind that exclusive locks are not shared between repositories, so if your workspace is set to interact with your local server you won't see any locks in the cloud.

You can check this using the 'cm status' command: its output starts with the full specification of the currently loaded changeset in the workspace.

Could you give us this details so we can have a better understanding of your setup? Thank you!

Regards,

Miguel

Hey Miguel,

Thanks, you pointed me to the right direction. You were right, the workspace was connected to a local repo, I created a new one from the remote repo and the lock worked out fine(doc reading actually helps sometimes).

Now, to clarify this system a little more: To my understanding the locked file cannot be checkout out by any other member working on a workspace connected to this repo. Does this apply across all branches? For instance, let`s say I have a binary file that is dependent on some code(e.g.Blueprints in UE4), and I am changing both on a branch "xyz" which is based on main. If I lock that binary file on branch xyz, will it also be locked on main? (And while I am at it, how can I check the status for branches other than my current?)

If not, what kind of workflow would you say fits best for plastic in such a case? I want both the code and binary file reviewed and tested before merging them back into main/dev/whatever and since they are coupled I'd like to keep their changes in one set if possible.

Could someone from codice please answer the question above? I have some more coming:

I'd like to delete changesets and branches on the cloud. I tried doing that directly via GUI(seems thats not supported on cloud) and on my local repo with the sync feature, but the deleted branches are not shown as changes. Any idea what I could do here?

Hi,

- When you configure locking rules, you are configuring path rules in a specific repo. Doesn't matter the branch where the developer is working on, the lock rules with be applied to this specific path.

- The changeset/branch deletion is not supported in the cloud and I'm afraid the local deletion is not allowed to be synced. In a Plastic replica, we never rewrite the history. I mean if you locally remove a changeset, it won't be removed in the destination repository after a replica. Are you aware of the subtractive merge operation to deintegrate branches/changesets, right? 

http://blog.plasticscm.com/2014/07/how-to-undo-merge.html

Regards,

Carlos

Archived