How to restart local server with Cloud Edition?

jstarrdewar

Now that I have a larger team working concurrently on Cloud Edition, a very common issue for my developers is this error message, which appears to be the result of the local server failing to launch or quitting. Restarting the computer usually fixes it but it's obviously not a great solution. I looked around for a server executable to reboot, but can't find any that works. What do we have to relaunch?

Plastic_problem.jpg

Hi!

that's weird, the Plastic SCM server service should automatically start. I'm not sure with it's not running, I'll need your help in order to debug it.

Look, you can manually start the Plastic Server daemon using the MS Windows services window (services.msc), search for "Plastic Server 5" and start it.

You can also start the Plastic SCM server by opening a terminal windows (cmd) as administrator and running the following command:

"c:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server\plasticd.exe" --console

The command above will start the Plastic SCM server in console mode, the server will live as long as the cmd window is opened.

Now, in order to debug why it's not stating during the windows start please check for errors at the Windows Event Log. Also, review the "plastic.errors.log.txt" log file you'll find inside the Plastic SCM server ("c:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server"). Please share with us if you find errors, we can start working from them.

Archived