Entered the wrong encryption/descryption key. Tried a clean install/uninstall. Still can't change the password

Hello,

I've mistakenly entered the wrong encryption/decryption master password for our Cloud server.

I couldn't find a way to change that password so I tried a clean install/uninstall with Revo UnInstaller. Even with that app, I wasn't able to get Plastic SCM to re-ask for a password prompt.

Where do I enter the right password?

PS: There was no relevant error message when the wrong password was used. There was a generic error message that I had to Google. I recommend there to be a more communicative error message for a wrong encr/decr password.

• 2 years later...

Hi Joseph,

- There is a "/Users/YourUsers/.plastic4/cryptedservers.conf" file where the encryption is configured in the client side.
If you rename/remove this file, the next time you run an update pointing to an encrypted repo, you should be requested to enter the key again.

- There is a "/Application/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/MonoBundle/cryptedservers.conf" where the encryption is configured in the server side (for replica operations).
If you rename/remove this file, the next time you run a replica from an encrypted repo, you should be requested to enter the key again.

Note: If you encrypted some data with a specific password in the past, you will need to use the same password to decrypt the data now.

Regards,
Carlos.

Archived