Manage Users Permissions

Hi !

I would like to change global perlmissions for users of my plastic servers, allowing them to "move" any object they want in the repositories.

For example i've got a file named "file.php" and I am the owner of this file.
If someone wants to rename it to "awesome-file.php", then they are prompted that they have not the rights to do it.

Client side I can define rights file by file in the repositories, allowing users to move them (see attachement), but I would like to define it by default from the server side directly.

Where can I manage the global users rights / permissions on my server ?

Note : I'm on a linux Server.

Capture.PNG

Hello,

I think you will find very useful our security guide:

https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/security/plastic-scm-version-control-security-guide.shtml

As a summary, you can manage the server permissions form your client. If you drive to the "Repositories & Workspaces" --> right-click a repository, you will be able to customize the "Repository server permissions" and the "Repository permissions".

In addition to these permissions, you can also customize the path permissions.  While these permissions are applied to branches, they control whether specific file and directory operations can be applied. They can also be applied to an special secured object called “secured path” which means users can define rules such as: “never let coders checkin under the /art/photoshop directory”.

You can get a detailed permissions cheat sheet here:

https://www.plasticscm.com/features/security.html

Regards,

Carlos.

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your answers.

I found both of the pages you linked, but they explain how to manage permissions through gui interface.
The problem is I don't have GUI on my personnal plastic server :/

Anyway thank you for the tip to manage repository permissions from client side !

That will solve my problem, but I would like to know if there is a way to define thos permissions for all repositories at once, and not one by one (we have very much repositories on our server)

Thank You !

Hi,

The permissions are always configured from the client side. You can use the GUI (as we commented) or the command line:

cm acl --help

As you can read in the guides, there are different permissions levels and the permissions are inherited from the top level:

Repository server permissions --> Those permissions will affect to all the repositories. This is the top level.

Repository permissions --> The previously "repository server" permissions are applied but you can also customize more permissions per repository.

Item / Path permissions --> In each repository you customize item permissions (branch...) and also path permissions.

Regards,

Carlos.

Archived