AssertNull has found a null object error when trying to process merge

chun

Hi,

I am trying to merge from a label back to my /main line and when clicking the Process All Merges button, I am getting the AssertNull has found a null object error.

Anyone encountered this before ?

Any ideas on debugging this problem.

I've tried merging the other way(merge to) from the label back to the /main line and a message is displayed that I need to perform that merge the other way (i.e. change to the /main and merge from the label).

I'm running the 4.1.10.500 client and server version of Plastic SCM.

Regards,

Chun.

Hi,

I'd suggest to delete all pending changes in the workspace and retry again, if possible. Another option that comes to my mind would be to retry the operation in a clean workspace.

Approximately, how many files and directories are involved in the merge?

Does the null appear during the find merge operation or during the process merge operation? (I mean: can you see the merge view with the involved items?)

If the problem arises during the process merge operation (a screenshot of the situation would be nice to understand what's happening there), you can resolve the merge by groups, selecting several items and right clicking on merge selected items (this is new in Plastic 4.1). This way we could identify the item that is causing the problem.

Are there read-only Xlinks involved?

Regards,

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your reply.

I deleted all pending changes and re-tried the merge - same error.

I deleted all files from the workspace except the .plastic directory and updated and re-tried the merge - same error.

There are 1108 items to merge.

The problem happens during the processing of the merge operation.

Yes, there are read-only and writable Xlinks involved.

I do not seem to be able to merge a set of items - I select several items and then right click and the popup menu for merging files is greyed out (disabled look) as per attached screenshot, are there any specific settings that I need to have ?

I also tried the merge from the command line (as suggested on another post on this forum) and captured the output - it is attached to this post.

Regards,

Chun.

merge.txt

post-1838-0-94226800-1387237056_thumb.jpg

Archived