Corrupt Metadata Report when using "cm checkin . --forced --verbose"

ken_luciddream

Hi,

At work I'm trying to write a batch script to cd to the correct directory automatically, and then run "cm checkin ."

The distinct issue is that every time I call "cm checkin ." I get the following message: "The workspace <wkspace_path> metadata is corrupt. Please update the workspace." The problem persists after attempting to call "cm update ." (along with varied arguments such as "--forced"). However the GUI works fine. The repository itself is just shy of 30 GB in size, and is kept in c:\Program Files\<rest_of_path> if that information is relevant. Additionally, the plastic wktree file is approximately 12 MB in size (again, if relevant).

Guidance would be massively appreciated.

Thank you!

Helo Ken,

for some reason the CLI is having issues with your workspace metadata files. I do recommend you to do the following:

1) Commit all your pending changes.

2) Remove the workpace -> cm rmwk c:\path\to\YourWks

3) Re-create the workspace, you can use the GUI for this or the "cm mkwk wkname wkpath --repository=repo" command.

4) Update your workspace to the branch where you were working.

With the step #2 you'll remove the metadata files ("c:\path\to\YourWks\.plastic").

Then the #3 will partially recreate them and the step #4 will fully recreate it.

Tell me if it works.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Archived