error xmodmap: command not found

Kornik

Hi,

I'm trying to install older version of plastic 5.0.44.X  (freshly downloaded from https://www.plasticscm.com/download/5.0.44.767 -> Mac OSX -> Server installer) on macOs Sierra 10.12.3. I got a few errors about creating dynamic links during installation but it was only dynamic links. However when I'm trying to run the client I'm getting error:

Error running /Applications/PlasticSCM/client/plastic --configure /Applications/PlasticSCM/config/mono_setup: line 12: xmodmap command not found
same with line 14 16 18
and later on some unhandled expceptions

How can I install plastic on my mac? I managed to install the newest version before, but my server runs on 5.0.44 and I got an error that version is incompatible.

EDIT:

/Applications/PlasticSCM/config/mono_setup: line 12: xmodmap: command not found

/Applications/PlasticSCM/config/mono_setup: line 14: xmodmap: command not found

/Applications/PlasticSCM/config/mono_setup: line 16: xmodmap: command not found

/Applications/PlasticSCM/config/mono_setup: line 18: xmodmap: command not found

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.KnownColors ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.GDIPlus ---> System.DllNotFoundException: /Applications/PlasticSCM/mono/Versions/2.6.4/lib/libgdiplus.dylib

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)

at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Drawing.Graphics.FromHdcInternal (IntPtr hdc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11.Finalize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Drawing.Color.get_Black () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeVisualStyles..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Windows.Forms.SystemInformation.get_MenuAccessKeysUnderlined () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:.ctor ()

at System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Windows.Forms.Form..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox+MessageBoxForm..ctor (IWin32Window owner, System.String text, System.String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, Boolean displayHelpButton) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox+MessageBoxForm..ctor (IWin32Window owner, System.String text, System.String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defaultButton, MessageBoxOptions options, Boolean displayHelpButton) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox/MessageBoxForm:.ctor (System.Windows.Forms.IWin32Window,string,string,System.Windows.Forms.MessageBoxButtons,System.Windows.Forms.MessageBoxIcon,System.Windows.Forms.MessageBoxDefaultButton,System.Windows.Forms.MessageBoxOptions,bool)

at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show (IWin32Window owner, System.String text, System.String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defaultButton) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Codice.I3.I3MessageBox.Show (IWin32Window window, System.String text, System.String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defaultButton) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Codice.I3.I3MessageBox.Show (System.String text, System.String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defaultButton) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ce.a (System.String A_0, System.String A_1, MessageBoxIcon A_2, IWin32Window A_3) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ce.a (System.String A_0, System.String A_1, MessageBoxIcon A_2, ISynchronizeInvoke A_3, IWin32Window A_4) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ce.a (System.String A_0, MessageBoxIcon A_1, ISynchronizeInvoke A_2, IWin32Window A_3) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ce.a (System.String A_0, System.Exception A_1, MessageBoxIcon A_2, ISynchronizeInvoke A_3, IWin32Window A_4) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ce.a (System.String A_0, System.Exception A_1, MessageBoxIcon A_2) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ce.b (System.Exception A_0) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at xk.a (System.String[] A_0) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Hi Kornik,

Is there any particular reason you need to install server version 5.0? The upgrade of 5.0 databases to 5.4 is performed automatically by the server on the first startup and there are plenty of interesting features to take advantage of.

If you absolutely need to use a 5.4 server and provided that you use server version 5.0.44.767, you can install the last Plastic SCM client version for mac and do some tweaking to interact with your 5.0 server. As you have experienced, the old Mac client is deprecated and it no longer works on Sierra. 

To install Plastic SCM for Mac please follow these steps:

1. Uninstall the current 5.0 GUI client and remove any contents at /Applications/PlasticSCM
  2. Download the updated Mac client from https://www.plasticscm.com/download/5.4.16.918/plasticscm/macosx/macplastic
    1. If you'd like to try Plastic SCM client version 6.0, use this link instead https://www.plasticscm.com/download/6.0.16.920/plasticscm/macosx/macplastic
  3. Install the Mac client
  4. Edit this file with administrator privileges: /Applications/macplastic.app/Contents/MonoBundle/plasticpipeprotocol.conf
  5. Add these contents:
plasticprotocol <your-server-address>:<your-server-port>
defaultprotocol remotingprotocol

Make sure you replace <your-server-address> and <your-server-port> with the appropriate values.

This setup will tell the Plastic SCM client to use our custom communication protocol between client and server, which allows them to understand each other. We'll add documentation about this in the future.

Could you please try these steps and tell us if it worked for you? Thank you!

Regards,

Miguel

Archived