Client.conf root element is missing

mendozaa265

Hi,

So I had the following issue just pop up. I believe that this might have been triggered by a lack of disk space when doing a push or adding something maybe?

All I know is that plastic was working for me this morning. I could push/pull and do everything. Now every time I start plastic I get that error. The actual image is attached but it's similar to the title. Capture.PNG.f882c0eb29496a3fcecb96f8d3c61482.PNG I have no clue where to move from here. I tried fully uninstalling Plastic and re-downloading it and I still have that issue so I'm a bit lost. Do you all know what could be up with this?

Thanks in advance,

Adrian

ok great I've attatched my client.conf file here

client.conf

also just in text I'll upload it here:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ClientConfigData xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <Language>en</Language>
  <WorkspaceServer>server:8084</WorkspaceServer>
  <WorkingMode>NameWorkingMode</WorkingMode>
  <SecurityConfig>::389::jXawqZ9DrR0=:</SecurityConfig>
  <MergeTools>
    <MergeToolData>
      <FileType>enTextFile</FileType>
      <FileExtensions>*</FileExtensions>
      <Tools>
        <string>mergetool -b="@basefile" -bn="@basesymbolic" -bh="@basehash" -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -sh="@sourcehash" -d="@destinationfile" -dh="@destinationhash" -a -r="@output" -t="@filetype" -i="@comparationmethod" -e="@fileencoding" -m="@mergetype"</string>
      </Tools>
    </MergeToolData>
    <MergeToolData>
      <FileType>enBinaryFile</FileType>
      <Tools>
        <string>binmergetool -b="@basefile" -bn="@basesymbolic" -bh="@basehash" -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -sh="@sourcehash" -d="@destinationfile" -dh="@destinationhash" -a -r="@output" -m="@mergetype"</string>
      </Tools>
    </MergeToolData>
  </MergeTools>
  <DiffTools>
    <DiffToolData>
      <FileType>enTextFile</FileType>
      <Tools>
        <string>mergetool -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -d="@destinationfile" -dn="@destinationsymbolic" -a -t="@filetype" -i="@comparationmethod" -e="@fileencoding"</string>
      </Tools>
    </DiffToolData>
    <DiffToolData>
      <FileType>enBinaryFile</FileType>
      <Tools>
        <string>binmergetool -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -d="@destinationfile" -dn="@destinationsymbolic"  -a -t="@filetype" -i="@comparationmethod" -e="@fileencoding"</string>
      </Tools>
    </DiffToolData>
  </DiffTools>
</ClientConfigData>

Ummmmm,

I'm just replacing the following XML tags in order to make it work with my local server and it seems it's working just fine:

<WorkspaceServer>localhost:8095</WorkspaceServer>
  <WorkingMode>UPWorkingMode</WorkingMode>
  <SecurityConfig>one:dnT40zuF9ZA=</SecurityConfig>

What happens if you run "plastic.exe --configure" and you re-configure the client? It's still failing?

Can you execute an easy CLI command such us the "cm lrep"? Works?

• 2 years later...

this issue is normally triggered by a lack of disk space when saving some changes. If you attach your file, we can try to fix it.

Otherwise, you can remove/backup the file and re-configure the client again. It will automatically create a new "client.conf".

Regards,

Carlos.