Warning: This file has been changed in the workspace, out of Plastic SCM control.

I'm coming from Unity Asset Server (tried git, mercurial, perforce and SVN) so my workflow is very basic. I'm able to do everything I want with Plastic except for this:

Daniel opens Database.cs and starts doing a major refactor. Realises a smaller change needs to be made in the same file by David.

David opens Database.cs and makes the require changed, commits it.

Daniel hits the update expecting to merge the changeset with his current pending changes.

Except... it doesn't offer to merge it just says: "Warning: This file has been changed in the workspace, out of Plastic SCM control, so data has been preserved. Item is not up-to-date. If you want to update it try to update forced this item."

I have no problem with merging the entire change set into my current pending changes I just want the Plastic UI to give me that chance to do it.

Anyone know where I am going wrong?

upload.png

Hi,

Just to update this ticket, I got connected with David to find a good workflow for them with Plastic.

The key was the update/merge feature from the "Pending changes" view and also to understand that Plastic is actually merging changests (not individual files).

Regards,

Carlos.

Archived