Git sync fails with "References without sha cannot be processed"

steveblomeley

Hi,

I have a couple of Plastic repos that I regularly "gitsync" with Atlassian Bitbucket - One of them failed to push this morning and displays the error "References without sha cannot be processed" when I try to sync it - The other repo on the same machine still syncs fine with Bitbucket (different repo on the same account).

The error occurs both from the command line and the Plastic GUI. I'm running version 6.0.16.1307

Any idea what's going wrong here?

Thanks,
Steve.

Hi,

Could you enable the client log and attach the stacktrace?

https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/technical-articles/kb-enabling-logging-for-plastic-scm-part-i.html

This error normally happens when you delete branches/changesets or somehow re-write the repository history:

https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/gitsync/plastic-scm-version-control-gitsync-guide.shtml#GitSyncrestrictions

Could you create a new clean repository and sync from scratch to check if it works?

Regards,

Carlos.

H Carlosi,

Thanks for the reply. Attached is the log file from the "cm sync" command line.

I've not deleted any changesets or branches locally; I've also checked the bitbucket repo, and no other developers have been active since my last successful push. So this is a bit of a mystery.

I'll try creating a clean repo and let you know how that goes.

Thanks,
Steve

plastic20170703-14.log.txt

Hi,

When running git sync via command line, is the command detecting any pending to sync branch/changeset? 

If you could give us access to the git repository I can can try to run the sync in order to reproduce the issue.

Regards,

Carlos.

OK, so... 

• I've created a new, empty plastic repo and workspace,
  • Synced the new repo with BitBucket - this successfully pulled all the history into my new plastic repo
  • Performed the same merge into main locally within my new repo/workspace
  • Sync-ed the with BitBucket to push the merge - and this time it's pushed successfully

It's a private bitbucket repo, and I'm not the owner, so unfortunately can't give you access. I'm back in business now - just a puzzle as to what went wrong in the first place. Does this suggest it was a problem on my local repo?

Thanks again,
Steve

Hi,

I would review the "audit.log" to confirm no branches/changesets were removed in this local repository. I guess also that the mappings folder was not corrupted.

I'm afraid it's difficult to know without a reproducible scenario :(

Regards,

Carlos.

Archived