Local repository for Gluon Artists

limbicnation

Hello.

I'm new to Plastic SCM GUI. My question is: Where are the files located on the hard drive (Windows) that Plastic SCM records of the working project in Unity. I noticed that Plastic SCM takes up a lot of disk space when checking in. Now, my projects are also quite big. I'm also not using the cloud repository.

Thank you.

Hello @limbicnation, you will find two types of files.

1) Server side files

The repositories files, the databases, you might find SQLite (*.sqlite) or Jet database files.

Those files contains your project history. And I assume they are fairly big, they grow as you tun checkin operations using your local server.

2) Client side files

The ones inside the .plastic hiddent directory, one per workspace.

Those files shouldn't be big, a few MB or so.

3 hours ago, limbicnation said:

also not using the cloud repository.

If you are not using the Cloud repositories then your local copy is the only one, master. Keep it safe.

Yes, let's try to find out what's happening:

are you trying to submit 128K files?

I'm wondering if the 30K private items you still have are making the search slow.

Can you please enable the "cm.log.conf" file as it's explained here : https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/technical-articles/kb-enabling-logging-for-plastic-scm-part-i.html

Open a command line window, change the directory to your wks path and execute "cm status --all".

Hi Manu,

Thank you for the fast answer. Yes the 30K private items are making the search slow I suppose.

However, I would like to use Plastic Gluon as a source control. Unfortunately I cannot execute the command “cm status –all” it says may computer is not in a workspace...

Hi!

did you change the path to your workpsace path? Something like:

"cd c:\your\wks\location"

Do you need to have those private items showing up at the pending changes view? If not select them all in the pending changes view and add them to the "ignore.conf" file. Right click -> Add to ignore list -> Using the item name.

Hi Manu,

I don't need all the private items. In case of changing the path in CMD, it gives an error that the syntax is not right:

youn mean the path should be like this: "cd G:\01_DREAMART\1_3D\5_Unity\DREAMART "

Apologies could you please clarify this for me again.

Thank you for taking time looking into this problem.

Now I would also like to change to regular GUI “standard” how would I go about doing that? I have also tried to update my workspace, in order to use the regular GUI, by going into the branch explorer, right click on branch and selecting “change workspace to this changeset”

PlasticGUI.jpg

Yes. you will need to run "cd G:\01_DREAMART\1_3D\5_Unity\DREAMART"" if " "G:\01_DREAMART\1_3D\5_Unity\DREAMART" is your wks.

Please add the private items to the ignore list as I explained above and check if the pending changes view is faster.

In order to convert a gluon wks to a regular one just go to the items view and click update.

• limbicnation changed the title to Local repository for Gluon Artists

Hi, Your client and server are using a different authentication mode. My recommendation is to switch to User/Password authentication mode.

You can re-configure your server running: "configureserver.exe".

You can re-configure your client running "plastic --configure".

Regards,

Carlos.

• 5 weeks later...

I think something is wrong in you workspace. I see you have used Gluon and Plastic for the same workspace, that's not supported :(

I will be able to schedule an online meeting with you in order to review if we can get out of the problem, please tell me when are you available and your timezone.

Archived