The maximum number of licensed users has been exceeded

Hi,

We have a 5-user team edition license with 4 users added. The problem is that when I try to create a new repository I get the error message "The maximum number of licensed users has been exceeded". I reactivated the license, restarted the server to no avail.

Any ideas how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

PlasticErrorMessage.png

Hi Philip!

well, it seems you ran out of licenses in your Plastic SCM server.

With the info provided I can think in two different solutions.

1) Purchase an extra license for the current user you are using in your MacOS machine.

2) Free one license so you'll make room for your user.

Let me show you how you can manage your Plastic SCM license, it's very easy: http://blog.plasticscm.com/2016/01/how-to-manage-plastic-scm-licenses.html

Keep us posted!

Hi Manu! Thank you for your answer. Let me try to rephrase my question: we have a 5-user license, and only 4 users added on the server. If I log in with one of these four users with the client app and try to create a new repo, why am I getting the aforementioned error message, when the number of users don't exceed the number permitted by the license? I must be doing something wrong.

I really appreciate your help.

• 1 year later...

I'm also having this issue, (5 licenses purchased, only 4 registered on the server interface)
When I print cm li I seem to be getting users of github repos that I have synced repositories from?!

I was able to deactivate the users through the command line as an adminstrator, but it is still a bit concerning that these users were created behind the scenes, and weren't able to be managed through the server's web interface

Hi,

If you are running a sync (GitSync), Plastic will try to activate the users coming from the sync (in your case, the GitHub users). You can deactivate them after that. The reason for that behavior is:

- If a user performs a write operation in the server (checkin, sync...), a license will be activated for them.

Best regards,

Carlos.

Archived