Is it possible to run Plastic SCM 4 and 5 parallel on one system???

malib

For sure it's possible! (I do it everyday) :)

1) Clients

Just install one and then use the zip installer (zip files with the binaries) to create a parallel installation.

Create client.conf file where the second "cm.exe" binary is placed so you can can independent configurations.

You can even rename one of the two cm binaries so you will not be confused about the one you are running, "cm4.exe" and "cm5.exe", for example.

2) Servers

Just install the first server with the default installer and the second one can be installed using the zip installers.

You can start the second server using the console mode (plasticd.exe --console) or creating a Windows service o Linux daemon for it.

Files like, plasticd.lic, remoting.conf, server.conf, loader.log.conf, db.conf and so will be needed, you can copy them from the first installation.

Run a "configureserver.exe" to configure the extra server in a different port.

Make sure the db.conf is using a different database backend or if you want to reuse the same one as the first server make sure the new one is using a prefix or suffix name (http://plasticscm.com/guides/administration/main.shtml#Database Search for "Database prefix").

If you need more help just ask!

Thank you for your reply.

When I try to start the secound server, I get following error:

FATAL Daemon - Remoting configuration failed with the exception 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
Although I have changed the port with the "configureserver.exe".

I have one more question!

When I start any client, I can see all the workspaces, for v4 and v5.

Is there a way, to prevent this?

I have found that v4 and v5 use the same client configuration.
I have applied the described above.

For information I used the Zip-Installer for both versions.

Hi,

If you drive to: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\plastic4,   you will find some Plastic client configuration files like "plastic.workspaces"... If you move the configuration files to the Plastic client folders, you will be able to have independent config files per Plastic version.

Plastic 4 and Plastic 5 will have his own "plastic.workspaces" file.

Regards,

Carlos

• 2 weeks later...

Archived