Unity: Plastic server Components required?

flyingaudio

When installing Plastic SCM plug-in for Unity 4.3+, are Server Components required?

My goal is to use Bitbucket for the "main" repository.  I am currently using Hg with Bitbucket.  I can make my local commits and then push and pull as needed.  I would like this same functionality with Plastic SCM.

Also, in the Unity install video, it shows Plastic working in the Unity Editor. Is that how it will show up with the Indie version?

Hi there!

yes, you need a Plastic SCM server, the default installer comes with it. Installer the server is a matter of "next, next, next, finish".

Then you will be able to push your content from the Plastic SCM server to bitbucket using the GitSync feature.

The plugin will only work if you have the Unity Team feature purchased. We have some alternatives y you don't have the Team module.

Hello,

Yes, it's something outside the Unity Editor but much much much powerful than SourceTree or Tortoise.

check it here: http://codicesoftware.blogspot.com/2013/02/unity.html It mixes a small tool that helps you to not forget adding the meta files with the Plastic SCM transparent feature.

What are we missing without Team Module?  

Well, you are missing the integrated features all the SCM working inside Unity no need extra workarounds.

Always is handy to have all the SCM feature inside the IDE....

Archived