Cannot Undo Changes

tom.peters

Good Day!

I just upgraded to 6.0.16.1765. I recreated all my workspaces and something weird is happening. I keep getting random files showing up in Pending as 'Changed', but there are no differences in any of them. When I try to undo changes, they simply do not get undone. I have tried deleting and recreating the workspaces numerous times. All I have to do is switch to a branch and suddenly all these changes appear in Pending. I do not have private files showing. All of these are controlled with no differences. I cannot undo these changes which means I cannot switch branches.

Is there something I missed with this upgrade?

Thanks,

Tom

The only thing that comes to my mind is some issue with the file dates.

Go to settings, and set the "Check content (hash) ..." and let's see if it goes better... (temporarily, I don't recommend setting this flag if not necessary because it slows down things).

We are not aware of issues with 1765 (which is quite old, by the way, since we are in the final stages of pre 7.0)

Thanks for the quick reply. The 1765 is dated only 2 months ago, so for a stable release, I think that's young enough. :D

I have the Compare File Contents on as a rule, slow or not. I tried unchecking it, same results. It's weird because I have all these files showing up as changed, but not a single one shows any differences. Also, for fun I tried checking them in but none went in because there are no changes in them.

The real head-scratcher is that I cannot undo changes, at all. Every now and then in version 5 I'd get some files showing as changed when they weren't, but I was always able to undo changes and get Pending cleared out.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

any news on that ?

because on my team we regularly have same issue.
we solve it by closing plastic, removing .plastic/plastic.wktree cache file, relaunch plastic, and make switch on desired branch to reconstruct cache, and after that it's generally working.

but it happen regularly and it's very annoying, and we don't really understand why it happen.

we worked on unity projects, and it's happen with 6.0.16.1765 cloud ed. and also after an upgrade with 7.0.16.2006 (but maybe less frequently ? i'm not sure)
we have cloud repositories in distributed modes, with replication on local server.

by the way thanks for "check content (hash) ..." option which can be really handy for us too (because of unity), even if it's not solving issue.

On 05/03/2018 at 5:34 PM, manu said:

Hello @jice_nolaroads

can I get connected with you the next time this issue happens?

Hello @manu

through what communication system ? (Slack ?)
what is yours availabilities ? (we can if you are available at the moment, but we can't wait too long when it happen)
or maybe you need only some specific infos we can provide next time ?

Could you be more specific in a private message please ?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived