Replication package doesn't work

Artem

Hi,

I got an issue with replicaiton package.

I created replication package of branch /main and copied package-file into another PC with Plastic.

It was imported, but too fast for package with 6.1Gb size... After, I tried to switch workspace.

pl2.jpg.965f4944c60569cbc9e107bcd2d084fe.jpg

And finally I can see only 91,4 MB of data in my workspace. Most of files has zero-size

I did import it twice, into new repository, - result same (

iNFO:

Plastic SCM: 6.0.16.1515

pl.jpg.9580bc1f2608b52a7ddcd9ed466e8b42.jpg

8 hours ago, calbzam said:

Could you try to use the regular replica operation?

regular replication is working well

but times to times we needs to be able copy repository (usually big) to machine without internet (or with very slow connection)..

So, today I did new test with small repository (between same PCs) - it's working.

I'll try use fast-export\import tommorow. (never used it before). I will let you know result.

Thank you!

P.S.
If by some reasone (in some world-places) internet connection very poor and\or unstable - there is no way to sync (big) repository. 
Plastic can't resume sync process if connection lost. Need to begin from start :(
In case like that - solution is to create package and sync it using another tool(s) which able to resume sync process.

• 2 weeks later...

suddenly, I don't have these logs (I did play with that using some virtual machine).

Anyway, a specially, I created new repository (with non work files) and exported all data into package.

I tried import it, but result isn't successful.

pl001.jpg.1c37116ec5e78781db58f3c47aca6b8a.jpg

pl002.jpg.36e65b623f5761ce2363b9bdffbd32d6.jpg

(just error, and no details in "Show summary...")

I can upload this package (31.5Gb !!), if it help to fix this function. Let me know the best place (for you) for upload this data.

Plastic version I used now:  6.0.16.1515

P.S.
Usually, I like to work with command line tools, but some people not... 
I mean, will be greate to have work version on standard function for import\export packages (without command line mecanism).

P.P.S.
With very small packages - usually everything work fine.. it's why I created big one

Tnx!

Archived