Plastic/Server Exteremly Slow After Updates

CopyRight

Hi,

Fairly new here. Our windows updates had been a couple months behind on the server so I'm just wondering if there was any news about a recent update borking the Plastic Server? Everything is responding extremely slow and switching from site to site cause it to hang for several minutes.. Some of our clients are even timing out (see attached).  Tried copying the log files from the server itself and it was copying at speeds of 3 kb/s... Memory/Services all seem fine and no resources seem to be the cause. When finally looking at the logs, it looks like they're timing out between the server and the database server. Anyone know where I should start with this?

Thanks,

CR

Capture.PNG

Hello @CopyRight,

12 hours ago, CopyRight said:

Tried copying the log files from the server itself and it was copying at speeds of 3 kb/s..

That's not a good symptom... If the server itself can't copy a file faster than 3KB/s I can't imagine how the Plastic SCM server and the rest of services are running.

Can you use HDTune (http://www.hdtune.com/) or any other HD benchmark tool in order to measure your HD health? Both read and write speeds are key to know.

If the read/write speed is OK then we need to check the communication between the database server and the plastic scm server, the network might be the bottleneck.

12 hours ago, manu said:

Hello @CopyRight,

That's not a good symptom... If the server itself can't copy a file faster than 3KB/s I can't imagine how the Plastic SCM server and the rest of services are running.

Can you use HDTune (http://www.hdtune.com/) or any other HD benchmark tool in order to measure your HD health? Both read and write speeds are key to know.

If the read/write speed is OK then we need to check the communication between the database server and the plastic scm server, the network might be the bottleneck.

I forgot to mention they were VMs... Anyways, we figured out it was a Symantec. For some reason this server had a full protection package instead of the basic one we use for servers. Downgraded and speed went back to mach10. Thanks anyways!

Archived