Configuration screen keeps coming up

I having been using Plastic SCM with Unity. I keep getting the configuration screen despite having reinstalledimage.png.b54e8d3b3594194bcf38816d0deb8a22.png

If I enter the Info, and push OK I get this screen

image.png.deb7679984be76fa021795031ef39c39.png

If I push cancel and start Plastic SCM again it goes to the workspace as it should be doing.

If I immediately close the workspace and launch from the desktop icon again, it loads straight to the workspace. I can do this any number of times I have tried.

image.png.1aecc4c9f7e02a475e504eac93a28a6d.png

If I wait some time (not sure, maybe 30 minutes?) I get the error again, with the configuration screen again.

Hi,

- Could you copy the "C:\Users\xx\AppData\Local\plastic4\client.conf" file to the "C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\client" folder?

This way, doesn't matter the user you use to run Plastic, it will use the same client configuration. It seems that under some circumstances the client configuration is not being found.

- Could you try running Plastic via "C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\client\plastic.exe" if the issue is reproducible?

Regards,

Carlos.

"Could you copy the "C:\Users\xx\AppData\Local\plastic4\client.conf" file to the "C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\client" folder?"

It did not help.

image.thumb.png.bf0723d0dc7e9801ae0ffd7f72985c25.png

"Could you try running Plastic via "C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\client\plastic.exe" if the issue is reproducible?"

This is what I am already doing, and it doesn't help.

From the command line in admin mode: plastic --configure I got the login dialog. I pressed "OK" then the dialog closed. Nothing else opened up.

Relaunch:

image.png.abb6badb463ae940ce149d68e75e4354.png

If I push OK, it does load up the Plastic SCM enviroment and my workspace though. I would rather not get this error dialog every time though. Should I always run as an administrator? 

image.png.562fcf83e3b43da0b0d0a6df05e6e347.png

"This way, doesn't matter the user you use to run Plastic, it will use the same client configuration. It seems that under some circumstances the client configuration is not being found."

By the way, my computer only has one physical user. 

Hi, just an update to this ticket after debugging the issue with rakkar:

- There was a previous Team edition installation (using the regular installer) in his machine. After installting Plastic Cloud edition, there was a still and old version of the "client.conf" file generating the problem. After regenerating the "client.conf", the issue dissapeared.

Regards,

Carlos. 

Archived