Version Identification (Server)

Xorcist

Correct me if I am wrong, but it appears that there is no way to get version information about the server from either the Plastic Client GUI nor the CM CommandLine.

If fact it appears even accessing the web admin for the server doesn't display any version information about the server itself?!?!!

I finally found this information by inspecting the executable on the server (which I luckily had access to and found to be v6.0.16.1765), but that seems a bit extreme just to get the version number.

If there is no way do get this information from the client, can we please get that in as a feature request. Seems like an important piece of information when debugging issues between clients and servers.

6 hours ago, psantosl said:

Normally cm version on the server will do, since client and server are updated together (windows, at least).

But, yes, no reason not to add the version info on the webadmin! Will do! Thanks :)

Well I'm actually more interested remote client issues, since they currently have no way at all to check the version of the server they are connecting to. This is important when running into issues with syncs, tube connections, etc. It would be nice if there easy way to get the server version from the Plastic Client GUI and or the CM CommandLine.

Archived