Unity 4.3.2f Crash When Version Control Mode Set to PlasticSCM

I have a Unity Team License and normally use the Asset Server.  I'm trying to switch over to Plastic SCM.  

Let me know if I need to report this to the Unity support team instead.

Whenever I create a new project in Unity and select PlasticSCM as the version control mode, I get an error:

Timed out connecting pipe to external process: C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Tools/VersionControl/PlasticSCMPlugin.exe
Version Control: Error launching version control plugin: C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Tools/VersionControl/PlasticSCMPlugin.exe

The file is there, I've tried running Unity as an admin as well.  I have the latest Plastic SCM software installed on this machine, and have used it to connect to local and my remote server.

Given that I have the same problem on my other computer which is running a different operating system, I'm guessing I am doing the same thing wrong on both machines.  Any ideas what would cause this or where to look for info about the errors for support?

I get this in the event viewer every time:

Faulting application name: PlasticSCMUnityPlugin.exe, version: 5.0.44.519, time stamp: 0x52b400d2
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18229, time stamp: 0x51fb1677
Exception code: 0xe0434f4d
Fault offset: 0x000000000000940d
Faulting process id: 0x%9
Faulting application start time: 0x%10
Faulting application path: %11
Faulting module path: %12

Any help would be appreciated

Archived