15+ sec lag on saving assets, all the time

TaylanK

Hi,

We're using Plastic with a centralized cloud repo (v7.0.16.2192) and have started noticing big lag spikes every time we save any assets. Profiling the editor, I've found Task.Wait() call taking a good chunk of time and freezing the main thread while running, which seems to be related to version control. I am attaching a screenshot of the profiler.

The lag spikes have been very frustrating so any help would be deeply appreciated.

image.thumb.png.9a02fabdfd5cfcb8495476d20e727958.png

Hi @TaylanK,

do you mind enabling the Unity log for the Plastic SCM plugin as it's explained here?

Can you please also do the following?

0) Open a CLI window

1) "cd" to your Unity Project (cd c:\path\to\Unity\Dir)

2) Execute the following "cm status --all --ignored > result.txt""

3) Share with us the "result.txt" file.

Hi @manu

Thanks for the link. It was helpful to see the logs as they helped me solve the issue on my end. Problem was a framework we're using with Unity, frequently manipulating prefabs as they were instantiated, causing Plastic to mark a large number of them as checked out. We were able to resolve it by updating the framework to a newer version that addresses that particular issue.

Thanks & cheers,

T

It is a dependency injection framework for Unity, called Zenject. The old behaviour was setting prefabs inactive before instantiation, to ensure proper injection/initialization order, then setting them active again. Starting with v6.0 Zenject uses a different workflow for prefabs so it seems this is no longer an issue.

Archived