Incorrect string value for column scomment when syncing BoringSSL

Sam

Hello @Sam,

is that the fist sync operation? Are you pulling it from scratch?

I notice you are not using Jet and since this seems to be a DB problem I would like to suggest you to jump into Jet, it's our own DB system much more powerful than SQLite or SQLServer.

Is it possible for you to change the backend and give it a try?

Not first try, at least we try (not a Moby old song) three times.

We can't switch to Jet because we worked for almost 4 years with Plastic over MySQL backend with daily backups and all security services you can imagine and my company has about 500-800Go of projects managed via plastic.

Any solution with MySQL ?

Hi @Sam

On 7/6/2018 at 7:39 PM, Sam said:

We can't switch to Jet because we worked for almost 4 years with Plastic over MySQL backend with daily backups and all security services you can imagine and my company has about 500-800Go of projects managed via plastic.

That will take a time to get migrated but just for you to know it will not be impossible. We have done bigger migrations (4TB) with a downtime of 1 hour, so if you are interested count with us to help.

On 7/6/2018 at 7:39 PM, Sam said:

Any solution with MySQL ?

The MySQL is complaining about an incorrect string used for a comment. The Plastic SCM objects having comments are:

* Changesets

* Labels

* Branches

We can check the source repository info around the "2475" changeset/commit, we need to check the comments used, I bet there's one that is making MySQL fail. Once we find it we can change it and do the Sync.

Best,
Manu.

Archived