Automatic client upgrade - no newer version available prompt

Fleer

Hi there,

I thought I'd have a go at upgrading our Server for the first time, following this guide. https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/administration/plastic-scm-version-control-administrator-guide#Chapter11:Upgradesystem

After upgrading the server, I expected to open up a GUI on the client-side and be presented with an option to upgrade the client to match the server (as the article describes), instead all I got was this:

image.png.437da0885d2ea983a3fa364c7566094c.png

I have an upgrade-windows.xml which appears to be configured the same as the article suggests:

<ScriptActions>
  <Actions>

<SetStatus Msg = "Downloading Plastic SCM installer (7.0.16.2596) ..." />
    <SetDistraction Msg = "" />
    <SetProgress Value = "20" />

<Download
      Url = "http://www.plasticscm.com/releases/7.0.16.2596/plasticscm/windows/PlasticSCM-7.0.16.2596-windows-installer.exe"
      ExecuteAfterDownload = "true"
      DeleteAfterExecute = "true"
      ContinueOnError = "false"
      ShowProcessWindow = "true"
      CloseUpgradeAfterRun = "true" 
      FinalProgress = "100"
    />

</Actions>
</ScriptActions>

Not sure what I'm not doing properly (or not doing at all...), so any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Ah right! Thanks for that.

Just to clarify, was the reason I was seeing that error message because my server.conf file had the ForceBuildNumberMatch parameter set to 'yes' (sic), rather than the supposedly default 'false'? (I had not changed that setting btw)

• 9 months later...

Helo,

I have the same problem. I'd like to ask what is the purpose of this parameter  "ForceBuildNumberMatch" if it only blocks client from accessing and not starting the upgrade script?

I suggest that the upgrade script will be started if the versions are different. In other case it make no sense to set this. User must then manually search for correct version and install it on his own.

Mariusz

Hi,

As you comment, I'm afraid the users will need to manually upgrade. 

The auto-upgrade feature will only work if the client and server version are not actually compatible. If they are compatible (7.0.16.X), I'm afraid that the auto-upgrade feature will not work.

Regards,

Carlos.