Plastic SCM Raspberry

Jesus

Hello! Currently still in development plastic for raspberry? 

I have followed the guide that is in http://blog.plasticscm.com/2015/02/install-plastic-server-on-raspberry-pi.html but it is impossible for me to start the server.

The guide is very outdated and there re many things that doesnt work.

Would it be possible to upload an .img image with a basic plastic scm server running?

Im trying to install it on a pi 3b+. Lasr Raspbian versión (June 2018).

On the other hand, can i write in Spanish in the forum? I've been using plastic for 3 years but I'm new in this forum.

Thanks for the replies.

Hi Jesús!

I use Plastic SCM on a Raspberry Pi on a daily basis, and I'm planning on writing a blogpost detailing my setup soon (hopefully by the end of this week). I even have scripts in place to automatically upgrade my setup once a new Plastic SCM version is released, and to backup the Jet backend files to my personal OneDrive.

Having Plastic SCM up and running on your Raspberry Pi should be a piece of cake (pun intended!). You just need to install the mono-runtime, extract the zips...

sudo apt-get install mono-runtime

unzip PlasticSCM-7.0.16.2637-linux-server-binaries.zip
unzip PlasticSCM-7.0.16.2637-linux-client-binaries.zip

...and inside the server and client directories, navigate to the "scripts" directory, and execute the "genscripts.sh" one. Then, add your server and client directories to your path, and you are done.

cd client/scripts
chmod u+x genscripts.sh && ./genscripts.sh

cd ../../server/scripts

cd ../../
PATH=/path/to/your/client;/path/to/your/server;$PATH

cm location
cm version

As I said, I'm planning on writing a more in-depth guide soon, so if you have any problems with the steps here, don't hesitate to ping me back. For now you can skip setting up the plasticsd daemon and just run the server the following way:

plasticd --daemon >/dev/null 2>&1 &&

On 10/3/2018 at 12:41 PM, S_Luis said:

Hi Jesús!

I use Plastic SCM on a Raspberry Pi on a daily basis, and I'm planning on writing a blogpost detailing my setup soon (hopefully by the end of this week). I even have scripts in place to automatically upgrade my setup once a new Plastic SCM version is released, and to backup the Jet backend files to my personal OneDrive.

Having Plastic SCM up and running on your Raspberry Pi should be a piece of cake (pun intended!). You just need to install the mono-runtime, extract the zips...

sudo apt-get install mono-runtime

unzip PlasticSCM-7.0.16.2637-linux-server-binaries.zip
unzip PlasticSCM-7.0.16.2637-linux-client-binaries.zip

...and inside the server and client directories, navigate to the "scripts" directory, and execute the "genscripts.sh" one. Then, add your server and client directories to your path, and you are done.

cd client/scripts

cd ../../server/scripts

cd ../../
PATH=/path/to/your/client;/path/to/your/server;$PATH

cm location
cm version

As I said, I'm planning on writing a more in-depth guide soon, so if you have any problems with the steps here, don't hesitate to ping me back. For now you can skip setting up the plasticsd daemon and just run the server the following way:

plasticd --daemon >/dev/null 2>&1 &&

Sorry for taking a long time to answer you, I've been busy these days.

As much as I try, I'm not able to make it work in my raspberry. It seems that Linux is not
my best friend. I do not know if I'm stupid or I'm doing something wrong, but I've tried a thousand 
ways to follow the 2015 guide and your comment above.

Thank you so much for your answer. I really want to see a good tutorial like the one you say. I would 
appreciate if you let me know if you finally do the tutorial step by step. It is very important for me
 to have plastic in my raspberry but for some reason I do not get it.

Again thank you and hopefully if you do the tutorial I can help. Thank you thank you thank you!

Hi Jesús,

I have pinged some other Jesús on Twitter... I hope that's you. If not, I'll contact you through forum private messages in order to help you get your Plastic SCM server up and running on your Raspberry Pi (that way I'll be able to identify some problems I might have overlooked in order to write a proper instructions blogpost)

Thank you!

------

Hola Jesús,

He escrito a otro usuario en Twitter, creo que eras tú. Si no, te escribiré por mensajes directos del foro para ayudarte a tener el servidor de Plastic SCM funcionando en tu Raspberry (y, de esa forma, poder identificar algún problema que haya podido pasar por alto a la hora de escribir el blogpost con instrucciones).

¡Gracias!

2 hours ago, S_Luis said:

Hi Jesús,

I have pinged some other Jesús on Twitter... I hope that's you. If not, I'll contact you through forum private messages in order to help you get your Plastic SCM server up and running on your Raspberry Pi (that way I'll be able to identify some problems I might have overlooked in order to write a proper instructions blogpost)

Thank you!

------

Hola Jesús,

He escrito a otro usuario en Twitter, creo que eras tú. Si no, te escribiré por mensajes directos del foro para ayudarte a tener el servidor de Plastic SCM funcionando en tu Raspberry (y, de esa forma, poder identificar algún problema que haya podido pasar por alto a la hora de escribir el blogpost con instrucciones).

¡Gracias!

Respondido Luis!

Muchas gracias por tu interés, te lo agradezco mucho.

¿Has creado un nuevo blogspot entonces? ¿Es posible echarle un vistazo para seguir los pasos?

Podemos hablar por twitter para no tener dos hilos abiertos.

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who end up here looking for instructions on how to install Plastic SCM on a Raspberry Pi: you need to install the mono-complete package, as it is not enough with mono-runtime.

Apart from that, the instructions on the blogpost is pretty much valid. I'll update this post as soon as I publish an updated blogpost on the subject, but for now I'll ask manu to close this thread ?

Archived