mergbots setup

Foxer

I'm attempting to get this setup for testing. So I installed the 5 day trail enterprise server at home etc. I cannot seem to get the mergebot to stay running. Upon page refresh in the admin UI it shows as stopped having done nothing.

I'm not attempting anything complex with it so there is no CI or issue tracker. I just want to try out it's functionality before I step it up...so I'm hoping that you don't HAVE to configure a tracker/CI/notification system to get it to run.

Hi @Foxer

You don't need an issue tracker nor a CI, Plastic can merge the branches back as soon as they get the right attribute (if I'm not mistaken, because we have different mergebots internally and it varies).

If the mergebot doesn't start, check: \devops\logs under your Plastic SCM *server* installation. Check the trunkbot.*.log.txt. It will tell you why it is not starting.

pablo

Thanks a bunch! Ahhh unfortunately it indeed does say it cannot start without setting up a valid CI.

2018-10-13 09:02:33,588 INFO  trunkbot - TrunkBot [Hal] started.
2018-10-13 09:02:33,594 ERROR trunkbot - TrunkBot [Hal] is going to finish: error found on argument check
2018-10-13 09:02:33,594 ERROR trunkbot - trunkbot can't start without specifying a valid config for the following fields:
* The plan for CI config must be defined.

Perhaps it should be setup so you can run it standalone. At any rate I connected it to a remote jenkins instance for testing and it works.

Err spoke to soon. It at least attempts to work so progress, but without fully setting up the Jenkins instance it errors out and sets the branch to failed. This really should be able to work completely independent of any external system.

Archived