Guest Chris

Cannot connect to version control

Guest Chris

Hi,  I just downloaded PlasticSCM and installed.

I got 30days license with Unity and it seems everything works correctly from the Workspace Explorer.

However, I can't seem to make Unity Editor connect to the version control. It tries to connect but after a while, it times out with "Disconnected" message.

I'm using 2018.2.20f1 on windows. What should I try next?

Thanks and I'm looking forward to using PlasticSCM. 

Hi Chris!

here you can learn how to enable the Plastic SCM plugin for Unity log:

Please share with us the log generated and we will try to understand where the problem is.

BTW, do you see extra information about the issue at the Window -> General -> Console panel?

Best,
Manu.

Guest Chris

[Log] Timed out connecting pipe to external process: C:/UnityEditor/2018.2.20f1/Editor/Data/Tools/VersionControl/PlasticSCMPlugin.exe
[Error] Error launching version control plugin: C:/UnityEditor/2018.2.20f1/Editor/Data/Tools/VersionControl/PlasticSCMPlugin.exe
[Warning] Cannot load PlasticSCM overlays when Version Control plugin is not running

I tried to generate the log by including the plasticunity.log.conf in PlasticSCM client folder but it seems like Unity cannot even make an initial connection to Plastic.

Anything else to try? Thanks a lot!

I have PlasticSCM server and client running correctly with a default setting.

image.thumb.png.6a7beb781ae866eac6fbf4fc708b408a.png

BTW, there are PlasticSCMUnityPlugin.exe and PlasticSCMPlugin.exe in the client folder.

What does this do?

Is this different version from  C:/UnityEditor/2018.2.20f1/Editor/Data/Tools/VersionControl/PlasticSCMPlugin.exe

Thanks.

Edited by ChrisK
Add image

Hi,

- Are you using Unity Hub? What version? There is a bug that was solved in Hub version 1.1,

- Is the issue reproducible if you skip the Unity Hub? 

- The Unity plugin (Unity folder) communicates with Plastic via "PlasticSCMUnityPlugin.exe" ("client" folder). So it makes sense you have it in both locations.

Best regards,

Carlos.

Hi, I'm using Unity Hub 1.4

Launching directly without using Unity Hub behaves little different.

When I click on Edit->Project Setting -> Editor, the Editor will be on pause for a while. I didn't wait long enough to see if it times out. 

However, I see PlasticSCM process momentarily but it quickly goes away.

BTW, does the Authentication mode matters?

image.thumb.png.a32c0196e592ae4f17dcaf99e6c5ea13.png

FYI, I installed PSCM in a different folder from the default ./Program Files/...

However, it has path env correctly setup to point to the installed folder.

Just to make sure the installation location is not an issue...

My evaluation time is running out and I wish you can help soon.

Thanks.

You reported that the client was properly configuring and running so the Unity IDE installed in this machine should also have access to the server with no issues. In a real scenario, we recommend to switch the authentication mode to User/password so also external users (not existing in the local machine) can connect to the server. 

Also, the fact you installed on a different path could be generating an issue but I don't know why if the  PATH env variable is correctly set.

If you reach us at support@codicesoftware.com, we can extend your evaluation license and also arrange a GoToMeeting with you. The first thing we should be trying is to configure the plugin log to debug the issue.

Regards,

Carlos.

I tried all different authentication mode including user/password mode but to no avail.

Is there anything I can try? I'm going to give it up unless I can figure it out soon.

Are the log generated anywhere other than the Unity "cannot connect" console log?

Thanks.

In the following post, Manu explains hoe generate specific Unity plugin logs:

We can also get connected with you via GoToMeeting to try to figure out what's happening.

Regards,

Carlos.

I already tried to install the .conf but nothing is generated since it didn't make the connection.

Sure we can do that but I don't have GoToMeeting. Do you use TeamViewer? It's free and works the same.

Please let me know what time(UTC) we can do that. I'll have it ready.

Thanks.

You don't need to previously install GoToMeeting. When we send you the link, it will try to download a web plugin. We are located in Spain so your early morning would fit better for us if you are in the US. You can reach us at support@codicesoftware.com to book the meeting.

Regards,

Carlos.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.