Arrow directions flag in config files

David Yang

Hi Plastic team,

Does anyone know what Göran is referring to in this twitter thread? (Sorry, don't have a twitter account or I would have asked there.)

I have tried setting display.options.dag_mergelinks=true in plastic4\branchexplorer.cfg, but it didn't change anything for me even after restarting the GUI (stayed as option 3 rather than changing to either option 1 or 2).

Not a huge issue, as I am kind of used to the default option already, but I do prefer option 2 as well. It seems more intuitive and consistent (at least for me) - arrows always point in the direction of time, and always walk backwards against the arrows when walking the tree.

Cheers

David

Hi Carlos,

Yes I realise, I've read the book and originally didn't try setting the flag because I didn't want Option 1 (all arrows pointing backwards).

But Göran's last two tweets seem to suggest he's successfully managed to tweak Plastic to show Option 2 (align arrows with time) by changing that flag. However, when I change that flag, nothing changes in the GUI for me including the merge link directions (and I've tried restarting the GUI).

So was just wondering if Göran was right about being able to easily tweak a setting to get Option 2, and if I was doing something wrong?

Cheers

David

PS: If you're not aware of what setting Göran used to get Option 2, don't worry. I can create a twitter account and ask him directly.

Archived