Deleted Changeset in SCM Gluon Can't Undo or Check In

Donald Newlands

I made some bad commits, so using Plastic SCM on Workstation "A ", I deleted the changesets and updated my workspace to an earlier point.  Working in Unreal Engine, I had to update thousands of binary assets, so I turned off version control...  Unfortunately, when I went to SCM to check my files in, Workstation "B" happens to have many of these same assets checked out from one of the deleted changesets in Gluon. Now I can't checkin my changes on "A" because they're locked on "B" and I can't undo my changes and checkin the files on "B" because the changeset is gone.   If I try to do an "Undo" in Gluon on the changed files, I get a message that the file can't be downloaded, was "probably" replicated with --nodata and is not in the repository.

How can I force Workstation "B" to check in files it can't find in the repository in Gluon? Is there some way that I can abandon the workspace on "B" and re-create it?

Thanks in advance! 

-Donald  

Deleting and restoring the workspace on "B", the Gluon machine, let me undo my changes.

Now back on "A" with SCM, I get a new error when trying to commit changes: "the specified branch xxx cannot be found".  I had made a branch and then deleted it with the same instance of SCM, trying to find another way to check in my files.  Why would Plastic not switch workspaces when a branch is deleted (or update the workspace to the current changeset when changesets are deleted)?

Hi, Let me try to understand the current status: You have a workspace in Gluon showing the following error:  "the specified branch xxx cannot be found". It happens because the workspace selector should be pointing to a branch that was removed. The Gluon GUI has a "Switch branch" button where you can re-configure your workspace to an existing branch. After that, you should be able to re-configure your workspace and checkin your changes to this branch.

Regards,

Carlos.

The error message is very generic, the revision cannot be downloaded. We will need the client logs to debug it. If you are a customer, you can reach us at support@codicesoftware.com

You can delete a branch in Plastic and then if you still have a workspace selector pointing to the not existing branch, you will get the error "the specified branch xxx cannot be found".

If you are locked, creating a new workspace could be a temporary solution.

Regards,

Carlos.

Archived