Update Workspace weird behavior

solaris

I hit "Update Workspace" and the client told me that I had a few pending files - I had 4-5 little text files changed - and said I could continue with the update anyway.  I clicked "Continue", and all of the sudden my Pending Changes had 1000+ files in it.  Is this a bug?  What's happening here? 

The pending changes had some small text files from the repository I had auto-checked out.  They are generated files, so I didn't notice I had changed them.  The 1000+ files added where repository files that where unchanged but for whatever reason added to the Pending Changes.  I mean, hitting "Update Workspace" should get the latest version of all my files in that repository which are different from the local version, and ask for merges where appropriate.  Hitting "Update Workspace" should not add 1000+ files into the Pending Changes.  Sounds like a bug to me.

Are you able to reproduce? The update operation should download the files but it shouldn't change any file in the workspace (generating new pending changes). Isn't possible that a third party tool is accessing these files after the update? eg: antivirus...

We may need to arrange a meeting with you to debug the scenario.

Regards,

Carlos.

Archived