Connectivity whilst using VPN

AndyBrew

Hi,

I have been working from home recently and have configured our VPN to allow me to connect remotely the strange thing is that I can connect to the Plastic server via the Plastic Client but I get invalid channel messages from within Visual Studio 2013 when it is attempting to connect.

Any ideas as to why this is happening only when connected via the VPN??

Incidentally I have needed to configure my HOSTS file as my VPN won't resolve machine names but that's a whole different issue LOL!

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Whoops!

No it didn't although it sorted it out last night I have come to start work this morning and it's back to normal, I have complete connectivity nd can use the Plastic SCM client however cannot connect from within VS, I have tried unbinding and rebinding several times with no luck :(

Any ideas?

Hi,

It´s  a bit strange, at the beginning, rebinding the project worked and then stopped working again?

When you bind the project, the different repositories appear with the new server IP? If you try to create a new repository trough Visual Studio, is it working?

Regards,

Carlos

• 1 year later...

I had this issue happen just now where having VS open but the VPN connection disconnect caused it to start popping up the invalid channel messages even after re-establishing the VPN connection if I opened the Plastic Pending Changes window in VS.  I had to close VS and restart it to get it to work again.  Hopefully this can be fixed to correctly auto-reconnect.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived