Kimimaru

Asked to login regularly

For the past few months, the Plastic SCM client keeps asking me to log in most of the times I open it, at least once a day, despite me having already logged in and verified my information a long time ago. When this happens, it brings me to the getting started screen, I click the X, then I open Plastic again and everything is fine. The weird thing is this happens even if I enter invalid data to both the email and password fields to speed things up. This has been very frustrating and I'm looking for a reason this happens and a way to fix it. Thank you very much in advance!

What is your Plastic version? Are you using Plastic cloud edition?

Are you using the Visual Studio package?

Regards,

Carlos.

- Could you check the next time the issue happens if there is a "cloudedition.token" file in your Plastic "client" folder? There could be an external tool removing it.

- I guess you are not manually modifying the "client.conf" so the credentials shouldn't be lost. 

- In the past, we saw this problem when using the Visual Studio integration.

- If you upgrade to a recent version (>8.0.16.3044), we can include the following appender in your "plastic.log.conf" in order to get more information about the issue:

<appender name="ClientConfAppender" type="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">
    <file value="logs\plastic.clientconf.log.txt" />
    <appendToFile value="true" />
    <rollingStyle value="Size" />
    <maxSizeRollBackups value="10" />
    <maximumFileSize value="5MB" />
    <staticLogFileName value="true" />
    <layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout">
      <conversionPattern value="%date %username %-5level %logger - %message%newline" />
    </layout>
  </appender>

<logger name="ClientConfig"><level value="DEBUG" /><appender-ref ref="ClientConfAppender" /></logger>
  <logger name="CloudEditionConfiguration"><level value="DEBUG" /><appender-ref ref="ClientConfAppender" /></logger>
  <logger name="CloudEditionToken"><level value="DEBUG" /><appender-ref ref="ClientConfAppender" /></logger>

Regards,

Carlos-

Windows 10

Plastic 8.0.16.3014 (Smashing Pumpkins - Today)

This is happening to us too. The cloud token does appear in the client directory.

Also whenever we have to login when opening Plastic, it asks us to create a new repo. We have to close that window, and reopen Plastic so it shows us our current Repos/Workspaces.

Could you attach your Plastic client logs from a machine where you face the issue? Is it happening in multiple machines?

C:\Users\carlos\AppData\Local\plastic4\logs\plastic.debug.log.txt

Regards,

Carlos.

Sorry for the delay. I haven't used Plastic with Visual Studio nor upgraded since I installed Plastic. I haven't been getting this issue in the past 2 months, but I didn't do anything of note to fix it. One thing that has changed is the team's server was apparently locked by Plastic at one point for some reason, and we got it lifted. I'm not sure if that is related or not.

• Thanks 1