Extra loading times on Project startup

Celedos

Hi everyone!

I´ve just started using plastic withe the integration for Unity and I´m having some issues. For some reason it takes 2 or 3 times longer when I open the project after a workspace update; I believe it's because it recalculates hashes and meta files, which should only occur during the first time someone opens the project.

We also had some serious hangups and crashes with Substance textures. We´ve removed the ones we had (as we already were doing that for unrelated reasons) but some in our team have taken WAY TOO LONG discarding differences, updating their project to the last step of the project and starting Unity.

Does anyone have any clue as to why this keeps happening? What might we be doing wrong?

HoldOn.png

Hello, this recalculation is somehow related to the Plastic plugin? I mean if you disable the Plastic integration, isn't it still happening? I think this hash recalculation... is directly handled by Unity when it considers necessary. We could open also a thread involving them to clarify. I think we haven't been reported a similar issue before.

Are you evaluating Plastic?

Regards,

Carlos.