rblock

PlasticSCM integration into WebStorm

Hi,

when there will be a plugin for WebStorm?

IMHO it can't be much work because WebStorm is based on IntelliJ IDEA. :)

Asking greetings

Reiner

• Like 2

Hi,

Could you try manually copying the files to the WebStorm plugins folder?  Although we had a similar case before and it didn´t work :( 

http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/1795-phpstorm-60-how-to-install-plasticscm-intellij-plugin/

In that case, could you add the request to our user voice page? http://plasticscm.uservoice.com/

Regards,

Carlos

Hi,

that was the first I tried. But there seems to be much IntelliJ IDEA realted stuff inside the Java code (decompiled the jars in order to take a look). Even if WebStorm bases on some IntelliJ IDEA code there seems to be some differences. At least for the menu because in "IDE Settings/Plugins" it is shown as active ("Plastic SCM Integration").

Hm, after update of IntelliJ IDEA 13.0.2 Community Edition to 13.1.1 the plugin no longer works. Perhaps I try a restart because some Icons are missing and perhaps Win has some problems.

Sighing greetings

Reiner

I really don't understand it: IntelliJ IDEA and its 'descendants' like WebStorm, RubyMine, PHPStorm etc. are sort of the most used editors but the support for it from Codice is IMHO really bad... :(

Just my two cent...

Hi,

We try to support the official IntelliJ IDEA IDE, and as far as I know some of the "descendatns" were also compatible.

Do you mean that after the upgrade from  IntelliJ IDEA 13.0.2 Community Edition to 13.1.1 the plugin stopeed working? In that case, I will check if there are new API changes that may have broken the integration.

What Plastic version are you using?

Best regards,

Carlos

hello plastics,
the current state is that the plugin shows up in webstorm as loaded,
image.png.fca88cfd641a58dab930b18e03d7a86f.png

but nothing is available.

image.png.45af5426b69bc8e53a28cadfd1390fb6.png

is there a chance we might see some movement or is webstorm to niche ?

sorry for the thread necromancy, appropriate meme:

image.png.5c638d1b6ed640666559456f9774eaaf.png

Hi, we only officially support IntelliJ IDEA. There are some "descendants" that are also compatible but according to your report, Webstorm it is not :(

Regards,

Carlos.