Asset get's changed/checked out automatically - FMOD FMODStudioSettings.asset

Guest Danny

Guest Danny

Every time I press play in the editor two files get changed. Is there a strategy for dealing with something like this? In Perforce I would put them in a changelist , collapse it, and forget about it until its needed.

I can't really ignore.conf them because I need to check in the changes sometimes.

thanks!

image.png.cfa7e1ef647e6fc19b9b8af47cf8e362.png

Hi,

In the Plastic preferences panel, under "Other options", you can configure the "Pending changes" view to track changes only when the file content changes (but default, it only checks if the timestamp has changed).

Regards,

Carlos.

Guest Danny

Yes I understand that, I'm wondering if there is a way to organize the pending changes so I don't always have 2 files that I have to work around. 

Thanks

The most natural way would be to ignore the changes (if most of the time these changes need to be ignored) and remove them from the ignore list if you need to checkin some new changes.

Also, note if you checkin the changes of a cheched-out item with no real changes, a new file revision won't be created in the repository.

The "Pending changes" view supports creating custom changelists. Not sure if it would be useful in your scenario https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/gui/plastic-scm-version-control-gui-guide

Regards,

Carlos.

thanks! I've been using Plastic for a few days now and really liking it. 

Are there any plans to add organizing pending changes into groups (like perforce's changelists) and shelving for the individual pending changelist?