Changing git (bitbucket) url for gitsync for a repository

riast

Hello. A perforce user here, recently switched to plastic. And loving it ! I have two questions.

Question 1. 

I ran into a problem with Gitsync. I synced a repository to a git repo on bitbucket. Later I wanted to sync to another bitbucket repo, (disconnection sync with previous repo). Unfortunately when I put the new url it gives me this error: "The setting you have introduced does not match with the stored ones for the branch/repo 'reponame' . Stored are: 'previous git url' ". 

I am using 5.0.44.528 - Budapest version. I searched for any config file that may contain this previous url so that i may change it. But failed to find any.

Question 2.

When using perforce we were able to take a specific directory from  a repo and map it to our workspace. That allowed us to take only the files we need without downloading the whole repo. Is that possible in Plastic ? I am probably missing it. Would you please point me to a direction in which i'll be able to do it ?

Thanks so much!! 

Hi riast!

Question 1. 

I ran into a problem with Gitsync. I synced a repository to a git repo on bitbucket. Later I wanted to sync to another bitbucket repo, (disconnection sync with previous repo). Unfortunately when I put the new url it gives me this error: "The setting you have introduced does not match with the stored ones for the branch/repo 'reponame' . Stored are: 'previous git url' ". 

You must go to the Repositories view and right click in your synced repo and choose "Attributes".

If I'm not wrong, you're going to see 2 "git" attributes.

You must rename them (or delete) and you'll be able to change those infos at the Sync view at BranchExplorer. :)

Question 2.

When using perforce we were able to take a specific directory from  a repo and map it to our workspace. That allowed us to take only the files we need without downloading the whole repo. Is that possible in Plastic ? I am probably missing it. Would you please point me to a direction in which i'll be able to do it ?

Well, I can't help here. Sorry :(

Hi riast!

You must go to the Repositories view and right click in your synced repo and choose "Attributes".

If I'm not wrong, you're going to see 2 "git" attributes.

You must rename them (or delete) and you'll be able to change those infos at the Sync view at BranchExplorer. :)

Well, I can't help here. Sorry :(

you are awesome !!  

Now can anyone please help me with the second question  ? :) 

Hi,

Regarding the second question, in Plastic you can use cloaking rules.

Add an item to the cloaked list: Cloaked items are items that the update operation won't download by default from the repository to the workspace. The download can be forced using the update forced operation instead. This is convenient in some scenarios, for instance, when you prefer to skip downloading those cloaked files every time you switch the workspace to a different branch or do an update operation in the workspace. 

You can configure your own cloaking rules and, this way, only download a specific directory from your repository.

Regards,

Carlos

• 2 years later...

Hi there !

I know this post is quiet old now, but I have the same problem (first question of the author) : when I try to Git Sync to another repo I have an error showing "the settings you have introduced don't match with the stored ones"

I went to Repositories view, right clicked on my repo and choosed "View Attributes".
Then I deleted the "git-sync-repo" attribute, but fields are still auto filled when I try to Git Sync and the rerror stills showing :/

Anyone has an idea please ? 

Regards

Hi!

This post is pretty old. In addition to the attribute we're currently handling the mappings in the next local folder:

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\plastic4\sync\git

After also removing these mappings, you should be able to re-sync with a different repository.

Regards,

Carlos.

Archived