cloaked.conf not working?

Beennn

I have 3 repos setup:

• A
  • B
  • C

Repo C implements A and B via Xlinks. C also has a cloaked.conf file to exclude some of the directories in A and B from downloading; however these directories still appear to download when a fresh workspace is setup.

Any idea why this is happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

If I properly understand, C is the parent repo that has Xlinks pointing to repos A and B.

I'm able to create some cloaking rules in the C repo applied to the Xlinked content. I can do it via GUI --> right-click --> Add to the cloaked list.

Then, If I create a new clean workspace pointing to C and before updating, I copy my previous "cloaked.conf", these files are not downloaded to the workspace. Remember that these cloaking rules apply to Xlinked content.

In summary, I'm not able to reproduce your issue. Are you using the Windows Plastic GUI? Could you attach some screenshots and your "cloaked.conf"?

Regards,

Carlos.

• Thanks 1

Interesting - the problem seems to be this step: 

Then, If I create a new clean workspace pointing to C and before updating, I copy my previous "cloaked.conf"

Because C already contains this cloaked.conf, why do i need to first put a copy into my new workspace before pulling? Shouldn't the cloaked.conf already in C restrict what's downloaded? 

After doing the above, indeed it works - thank you for pointing this out. Although i'm still unsure as to why the manual step of copying the conf is needed; shouldn't this act the same as a ignore.conf? I'm using the Cloud Edition on Window. 

This is the same behavior using Xlinks or not. The "cloaked.conf" rules are applied only if the file is already in the workspace before you run the update.

If the "cloaked.conf" file is downloaded during the update from the repo, I'm afraid the rules won't be applied during the initial update (but they will do the next time because the "cloaked.conf" will be already in your workspace).

Regards,

Carlos.

• Thanks 1