[Solved] Unity Diff/Merge - PlasticSCM Not Detected In Diff Tools

PolishRenegade

Hello,

We've just switched our project to Unity 4.3.1 from 3.5.7 and would like to start using the integrated PlasticSCM UI within Unity. 

So I've watched the Webcast about Plastic/Unity and in Unity's Preferences->External Tools-> Revision Control / Diff ; he selects PlasticSCM.

However, my choices are all greyed out and I cannot select anything. 

- I have Plastic 5.0.44.537 server installed with MySQL backend setup.

- Have Unity Pro 4.x with Team License

- I've created a repo in the Plastic client, added /Library Folder into Ignore

- Created a lock.conf in the Plastic Server folder with *.unity

- Back in Unity -> Editor preferences, I put Plastic as the version control and it automatically detected the workspace...

So I'm just wondering if I missed something? How can I make the Diff tool set to Plastic?

Thank you!

I've setup another workstation with only the plastic client on it and it detected properly the Plastic plugin in Unity.

So far, the only differences between the two workstations are:

- Plastic is not installed in /Program Files on the workstation with the problem

- I'm running a Plastic server on the workstation with the problem

Is it possible the merge plugin detection is path based? 

*Edit*

I re-installed Plastic onto the default path, Unity detected it without problems. So a warning to everyone: If you want Unity to detect Plastic you need it to be installed in the default /Program Files/ folder. 

The moving process was a simple as uninstall -> reinstall to new folder -> copy old plastic setting files over the new ones. 

Thanks for making the process painless Codice!

Archived