Unity Cloud Build

Andy Moore

I'm evaluating PlasticSCM Cloud Edition right now, and I'm finding an endless series of hoops to jump through to get Plastic connected to the Unity Cloud Build system.

I'm not particularly technically minded/server oriented (hence using Cloud Build instead of running my own CI pipeline), but I see that Plastic has some sort of "git support". Can I hook that up with a custom URL somehow?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've recently migrated from Unity Collaborate to Plastic SCM, which is highly performant and I like it a lot.

I think I've mostly set it up right. But the sync with GIT seems to take forever (12gb project, 88 changesets so far). (still at 1% after 20 minutes). Any logic behaviour behind that?
Also, is there any talk in progress with Unity to add PlasticScm provider directly in the cloud build ?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Guest Immu said:

Hi,

I've recently migrated from Unity Collaborate to Plastic SCM, which is highly performant and I like it a lot.

I think I've mostly set it up right. But the sync with GIT seems to take forever (12gb project, 88 changesets so far). (still at 1% after 20 minutes). Any logic behaviour behind that?
Also, is there any talk in progress with Unity to add PlasticScm provider directly in the cloud build ?

Thanks

I set this up the other day and the first sync took FOREVER, with very little UI feedback which was bad.  I just let it run and it finally finished.  After that first sync however, subsequent syncs have been fast.

As an aside I have to admit I actually kind of like this workflow with the extra step because now I don't get builds running constantly just because I changed one little thing.  The sync to GitLab is an explicit step that confirms I want a build of this state to happen.  I kind of like that :)

Indeed, initial commit took a few hours (missing a feedback to now it's still running, sometimes one step is at 0% for several minutes and it's hard to now if everything's all right) .
But after that initial commit, any pull push is blazing fast.

Perfect. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
On 10/18/2019 at 9:42 AM, Guest Immu said:

Hi,

Thanks

Hi, can I ask which Git host you're using to host your project?

The providers I've tried do not seem to support > 10 GB repos.

GitLab is limited to 10GB and cannot be increased.

GitHub and Bitbucket offer data packs, but only for Git LFS projects, and Plastic's Git Sync feature does not support Git LFS.

Currently I'm wondering if there's any way at all to get Unity Cloud Build working for a > 10 GB project (which is very common for gamedev).