Lock and read only problem

I'm currently evaluating plastic SCM and am having an issue with a specific lock and ready only situation that i want.

I want certain files to be readonly until unlocked. I have achieved this by configuring "lock.conf" and "readonly.conf" to be the same [ie: *.png].  I also have the option "Update and checkin operations set files as read-only" set to false.

Now this is almost good for me but it is wrong in one situation which i'm not happy about.  The problem is when you first setup a new workspace from a pre-existing repo, any files that should be lock and readonly are NOT read-only until you have modified and checked-in that file once.  THEN that file will be marked as read-only.  It is as if plastic SCM isn't doing read-only permission handling until checkins are done and not when it first created the files on your file system.  This can lead to someone being allowed to change a file that is suppose to be locked file but without locking it and leading to first time conflict issues later on.

Can this be fixed?

Hi,

Regarding "readonly.conf":

Contains the paths of the controlled items to keep as "readonly" after an update.

This config file is located in the plastic4 directory (under $HOME/.plastic4 on Linux/Mac systems or C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\plastic4 on Windows), or in the plastic-global-config repository so that all clients have the same settings by default.

You need to be sure that the "readonly.conf" file is already in the workspace before running the initial update (or distribute it via "plastic-global-config"). This way, the configured files will be read-only after the initial update.

This can lead to someone being allowed to change a file that is suppose to be locked file but without locking it and leading to first time conflict issues later on.

It's very important to train the users working with binaries so they checkout the file always before locally modify it.

We are open to arranging a free training session with your team.

Regards,

Carlos.