Jump to content
hadesz

Using on ubuntu java problems

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

I've configured the tool as shown on http://www.semanticmerge.com/documentation/main.shtml#CommandLineClientConfiguration of course updated the path and others.

 

I've run into 2 errors:

  • There were line ending errors, and some changes in the class annotation, and the tool cannot solve it via intelligent way, and the text merge tool cannot started "no text merge tool have been specified"
  • Some png's are missing from /opt/semanticmerge/icons/java
    • GLib.GException: Failed to open file '/opt/semanticmerge/icons/java/namespace.png': No such file or directory
        at Gdk.Pixbuf..ctor (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
        at SemanticGtk.DeclarationImages.GetPixbuf (e6 declaration, Language fileLanguage) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
        at SemanticGtk.TreeBuilder.b (Gtk.TreeViewColumn A_0, Gtk.CellRenderer A_1, TreeModel A_2, TreeIter A_3) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
        at GtkSharp.TreeCellDataFuncWrapper.NativeCallback (IntPtr tree_column, IntPtr cell, IntPtr tree_model, IntPtr iter, IntPtr data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    • GLib.GException: Failed to open file '/opt/semanticmerge/icons/java/namespace.png': No such file or directory
        at Gdk.Pixbuf..ctor (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
        at SemanticGtk.DeclarationImages.GetPixbuf (e6 declaration, Language fileLanguage) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
        at SemanticGtk.TreeBuilder.b (Gtk.TreeViewColumn A_0, Gtk.CellRenderer A_1, TreeModel A_2, TreeIter A_3) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
        at GtkSharp.TreeCellDataFuncWrapper.NativeCallback (IntPtr tree_column, IntPtr cell, IntPtr tree_model, IntPtr iter, IntPtr data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    • GLib.GException: Failed to open file '/opt/semanticmerge/icons/java/namespace.png': No such file or directory
        at Gdk.Pixbuf..ctor (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
        at SemanticGtk.DeclarationImages.GetPixbuf (e6 declaration, Language fileLanguage) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
        at SemanticGtk.TreeBuilder.b (Gtk.TreeViewColumn A_0, Gtk.CellRenderer A_1, TreeModel A_2, TreeIter A_3) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
        at GtkSharp.TreeCellDataFuncWrapper.NativeCallback (IntPtr tree_column, IntPtr cell, IntPtr tree_model, IntPtr iter, IntPtr data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

Thanks for your feedback.

 

Could you give us more information about your first error? I don't know what you mean, sorry :(

 

Regarding the second problem, we are building a new package with the missing images right now. It will be available in more or less one hour.

Anyway, I attach here the missing images in case you prefer not to wait. Just copy them into /opt/semanticmerge/icons/java.

 

Sorry for the inconveniences.

 

Regards,

 

Violeta.

post-864-0-43547300-1396366902.png

post-864-0-91143500-1396366902.png

post-864-0-39052700-1396366903.png

post-864-0-86988300-1396366903.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The original problem: there were only line endings differences in the files, and i think it could be solved without any user action.

Then i tried to run text merge, but i got error message.

 

post-27966-0-89427600-1396617897_thumb.png

post-27966-0-01941500-1396617949_thumb.png

 

thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are not error messages. The messages say that you don't have any external based-text tool configured yet.

We don't provide a default external tool in Linux (as we do in Windows) because we don't have a native one yet. If you want to use our merge tool you can install it from PlasticSCM, it is included, but it needs mono to run.

 

So the matter is only you to configure an external tool for diffing and merging. In our documentation you have kdiff3 as example.

 

-edt="kdiff3 ""#sourcefile"" ""#destinationfile"""

-emt="kdiff3 -b=""#basefile"" ""#sourcefile"" ""#destinationfile"" --L1 ""#basesymbolic"" --L2 ""#sourcesymbolic"" --L3 ""#destinationsymbolic"" -o ""#output"""

 

Use the "semanticmergetool.conf" file sited in your user directory in the .semanticmerge directory.
 

Regarding the line endings, we are working on it!

 

Thanks for your feedback!

 

Let me know if you need any further info.

 

Violeta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create the file "semanticmergetool.conf" in that folder and specify one option per line, that's it :)

 

Keeping same example as before, your config file will look like the following. Do not forget to set correctly the path of the external tool, or the one you choose :)

 

semanticmergetool.conf example

-edt="kdiff3 ""#sourcefile"" ""#destinationfile"""

-emt="kdiff3 -b=""#basefile"" ""#sourcefile"" ""#destinationfile"" --L1 ""#basesymbolic"" --L2 ""#sourcesymbolic"" --L3 ""#destinationsymbolic"" -o ""#output"""

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...