ScottP

Restore Deleted Changeset

I accidentally deleted a changeset :( and now I can't do anything. Fortunatley, I know the files that changed, so I saved them to a location outside my workspace. My plan was to switch my workspace back to the previous changeset, then copy and paste the new files back in to the workspace. 

However, I made a small change to a file after I deleted the changeset (before I realized my mistake) and now I cannot check-in that change, change my workspace or anything. 

How can I proceed? 

Thanks,

Scott

Hi @ScottP!

The bad news is you can't recover a deleted changeset, it's gone.

Good news is you have a backup of the changes, so let's do the following:

• You mentioned you did a change on a file after removing the changeset, so you workspaces has changes, you can undo the change or shelve it to avoid losing its content.
  • Then, once you have the workspace clean, place the files you copied outside the workspace (as a backup) back inside the workspace, open the pending changes view and check the change in.

Hope it makes sense. If you still have questions don't hesitate to contact us again!

Best,
Manu.