Jira 6 integration/configuration

SilverKnight

I've read the blog and am excited about the new integration capabilities with jira so that my users can click a link in jira to see the diffs for the change sets for an issue.

I'm trying to configure this, but the blog is unclear how the data for the field gets populated.

If I configure my CLIENT to point to Jira - how does it gain access to the jira-config.properties file - since that file appears to need to be placed on the JIRA server.

New        Jira extension: The data logged in the Plastic SCM custom field        can now be configured.        Also, it is possible to open changeset diffs from JIRA. 

What version of the extension is this in, and where can it be downloaded from?

If this is actually built into the Plastic Client - why isn't the jira-config.properties file supposed to be on the local workstation According to the blog, it goes on the jira server - in the Jira home directory

C:/Program Files/Atlassian/Application Data/JIRA (on Windows)

Is this correct? - am assuming it would be in the same location as the .jira-home.lock file (as my Jira instance home directory is NOT under program files)

Hi. Really now you have two configurations.

The client-side:

* Open Plastic SCM GUI

* Preferences -> Issue tracking -> JIRA

The server side. Normally the server side will be done by the administrators.

* jira.properties file

The reason, there is a jira.properties file on the server, is that client extension, will read the properties from the server using the REST API, and then will log the checkin on the server according to the preferences.

The new JIRA extensions is not released, yet, it will be pubilc in the next Plastic SCM release.

Hi. Really now you have two configurations.

The client-side:

* Open Plastic SCM GUI

* Preferences -> Issue tracking -> JIRA

The server side. Normally the server side will be done by the administrators.

* jira.properties file

The reason, there is a jira.properties file on the server, is that client extension, will read the properties from the server using the REST API, and then will log the checkin on the server according to the preferences.

The new JIRA extensions is not released, yet, it will be pubilc in the next Plastic SCM release.

Yep, already have the client side connected, and appreciated seeing the list of files that have changed.  Been waiting for the ability to actually USE the field though so that we could actually see diffs from within Jira to see the actual extent of a change for a bug fix.

For our site, I am the Jira admin (as well as the Plastic admin), so I was asking how to actually enable this feature for my users - As I pointed out in the link above, the statement "next public release" - the blog was out a week before the version that I am currently using (which technically IS the "next" public release following the blog), and the specific snippet I posted was from that versions release notes - saying it IS implemented in this release.

It was just unclear from the blog post what specifically was enabling this functionality (e.g. do I actually need a new plug-in, or was that a built-in feature of using Jira + latest plastic release.... as you have pointed out, the REST API provides access to the configuration file for the current client - with no other software/plug-in needed)

But, then you contradict that by saying there IS a new Jira extension that is needed? 

Happy to wait because I know it is coming - just trying to get my users updated with the correct version that will support this feature for their use.

Thanks!

Just tried using the feature .... no other plug-ins necessary.

Jira client: 5.0.44.551 - Quebec functions to update this field appropriately when putting the configuration file in the Jira location as per the blog.

Guess I was just making thing more difficult than necessary.

Great work Plastic Team!

Archived