Old installers no longer available

Hiho.

Why do you guys keep deleting (certain) old release versions from https://www.plasticscm.com/download/previous ?
In our team we try to keep all working with the same Plastic version, just to be safe, and to ensure the same look and behaviour across machines.

However, every time we point to a new download version in our guidelines, this version gets deleted after a while. A few examples: 

This is...kind of a weird policy, and constantly leads to confusion in our team (i.e., people complaining to me, that the version they are supposed to download is no longer available). 😕

Thanks!

Wolfram

Hi,

You can reach us to support@codicesoftware.com if you need a specific old version. We just keep a few of them.

There shouldn't be any problem for your developers always install the latest available version. 

They are both compatible and these way you are not missing any new feature. 

Regards,

Carlos.

Well, it's not that we absolutely must RELY on a specific version, so we're fine using the next version in order.

But we like to stay consistent within our team, instead of having 15 different plastic versions floating around, each behaving or looking slightly different.

So it's just very confusing that you keep a list of "previous versions" - but that list only contains SOME of the previous (yet public) versions, while others are missing. And as I just learned from another thread, this way even the Release Notes of these deleted versions are no longer easily accessible (unless I missed something?), and therefore information about potentially important changes can no longer be found. 😕

Hi,

We release new versions every day and a few of them per week are public in our web. Also every new release includes multiple installers. If you miss some specific version/installer, please reach us at support@codicesoftware.com. Anyway, we normally recommend frequently update the Plastic version. 

Regarding the release notes, could you let us know the thread and the details? For instance, the instellers for the installers for 8.0.16.3221are not avilable in our web anymore but you can still check the release notes: https://www.plasticscm.com/download/releasenotes/8.0.16.3221

Regards,

Carlos.

45 minutes ago, calbzam said:

but you can still check the release notes: https://www.plasticscm.com/download/releasenotes/8.0.16.3221

That link may still work, but as far as I can see it is no longer referenced anywhere. So unless you know the specific version you want to see the release notes for, you cannot access it. This is for example why I missed the release notes about the statistics window being removed, in the thread linked above.