jwvanderbeck

Do integrations require additional user accounts?

When I used GitHub it was easy peasy for me to hook into several web based apps for issue tracking and project management.  Now that I am trying out Plastic I am also looking to see what my options are for hooking up there.  Sadly the system I am currently using doesn't support Plastic, so it looks like I'd have to probably use Jira (which I hate) or maybe YouTrack (which I am trying out right now on its own).  What I am curious about though is if I want to hook my Plastic repo into one of these will that use a second user account from the Plastic side for billing purposes?

Answering my own question  here.  I got Jira Cloud connected (which was extremely confusing with no up to date documentation) and it doesn't appear to use an additional account on either side.

Might look into figuring out YouTrack this weekend but that looks a lot more complicated.

Hello,

Answering to your question:  What I am curious about though is if I want to hook my Plastic repo into one of these will that use a second user account from the Plastic side for billing purposes?  

Anwser: Read-only accounts do not count as active users for billing purpose. For example, you may have a Continous Integration user account active in Plastic SCM, and you won't need to pay for that license as long as that "user" does read-only operations.  

I hope this helps

58 minutes ago, Francisco said:

Hello,

Answering to your question:  What I am curious about though is if I want to hook my Plastic repo into one of these will that use a second user account from the Plastic side for billing purposes?  

Anwser: Read-only accounts do not count as active users for billing purpose. For example, you may have a Continous Integration user account active in Plastic SCM, and you won't need to pay for that license as long as that "user" does read-only operations.  

I hope this helps

That's exceptional thanks!

• Like 1