Jira fields blank

freaksed

This has been an ongoing annoyance, when connecting to Jira the preference fields all go blank when reopening.

The values are saved in the config file, and we are able to use the integration. However the plastic gui shows everything as blank or default.

A second issue that crops up is that it will randomly not show the Jira contents, and to get them to come back you must restart Plastic.

Double check your log for errors related to Jira and that all your settings are right.  I had intermittent Jira issues which ended up being two things: 1 The custom field wasn't defined correctly, and 2) I had lowercase project key when it should have been uppercase.  Instead of completely breaking the integration this instead caused Plastic to keep turning it off, even though it was technically working.

As I said, it doesn't stop working, the fields just get cleared... This is as immediate as hitting "OK" and reopening the preferences. All the settings are saved to the config file and you can open it to see what they were. This seems to be purely a GUI issue where when the preferences are opened it doesn't populate from that file.

You also said:

A second issue that crops up is that it will randomly not show the Jira contents, and to get them to come back you must restart Plastic.

Which is why I pointed it out.  It sounds very similar to a problem I was having which yes also caused the fields to blank in the GUI as well because after each commit, Plastic would disable the Jira extension.  After that, restarting Plastic would re-enable it.  

Just making a suggestion to check that's all. 

It doesn't seem to be blanking on commit. But interestingly, I'm going through the logs and it keeps referencing a non existent folder C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\plastic4\globalconfig\ 

I also found these errors in the log when trying to open the preferences

2019-11-01 13:07:00,474 ME\VACC001 ERROR PlasticRestApi - There was an error while calling 'http://local:7178/api/v1/login/accesstoken': The remote name could not be resolved: 'local'                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   │
│2019-11-01 13:07:00,474 ME\VACC001 DEBUG PlasticRestApi - StackTrace:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     │
│   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               │
│   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        │
│   at cy.a.a(WebRequest A_0, Object A_1)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  │
│   at cy.a.a[a](Uri A_0, HttpMethod A_1, a A_2, String A_3)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               │
│   at cy.a.b[a,b](Uri A_0, HttpMethod A_1, a A_2, String A_3)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             │
│2019-11-01 13:07:00,474 ME\VACC001 ERROR PlasticThread - Error when performing background operation: The remote name could not be resolved: 'local'

2019-11-01 13:06:57,636 ME\VACC001 ERROR IssueTrackerConfiguration - StackTrace:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          │
│   at sy.a(String A_0, String A_1)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        │
│   at iq.a(String wkPath, String wkName, String selector)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 │
│   at Codice.Client.BaseCommands.BaseCommandsImpl.a(String wkPath, String wkName, String repName)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         │
│   at rz.a(BaseCommandsImpl A_0, String A_1, String A_2)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  │
│   at rz.b(String A_0, String A_1)

Hi again,

- If you manually remove the " C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\plastic4\issuetrackers" folder and re-configure the values from scratch, does the issue persist, right?

- If you have a "plastic-global-config" repo, you should have a local "C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\plastic4\globalconfig" folder. Even if it doesn't contain nothing related to the issue tracker but just a "ignore.conf".

Error when performing background operation: The remote name could not be resolved: 'local'

- If you are using Plastic cloud edition installer, no sure why the "local" server cannot be resolved. Anyway, it doesn't seem to be related to the issue tracker problem.

- If you reach us at support@codicesoftware.com, we can even arrange a GoToMeeting session to debug what could be your problem.

Regards,

Carlos.

I tried deleting the folder and re-configuring. It created the folder but as soon as I closed the preferences and reopened them it was blank...

A GoToMeeting would be good. I have been seeing this issue for a long time (not just at this job), so I imagine I'm not the only case. I will reach out today. Thanks