Trimming to reduce size of the database

Meceka

On 10/27/2022 at 4:36 PM, blue said:

I am sorry to tell you that reducing the storage size by the GUI feature is postponed based on priority. Unfortunately, there's no estimated time at this point. As an alternative, you can use a feature called "Archiving Revisions". You will need Plastic SCM version 10.0.16.6241 or above. Click here to see the feature and how to use it. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this might cause.

This is extremely unfortunate, was looking forward to swapping to this system once this was complete. Guess I'll look elsewhere. This kind of thing is non negotiable, hopefully you re-prioritize in the future.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's sad to scroll through this thread hoping for an answer and realizing that there is no serious will to add this obviously necessary feature, especially when working with 3D game engines like unity or unreal.
Economically and ecologically weak. The only solution for me is to look for another provider.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, the "cm purge" option allows to purge file revisions in the repository. You can specify the file type and the date but I'm afraid you cannot delete a changeset if it's the parent of some other changeset. The purge operation works at the file revision level. Not at the changeset level.