Code Review changeset by changeset

danonBB

I have a question about suggested workflow of doing code review for a branch changeset by changeset. Let's imagine a scenario with one branch and 2 changesets on it. When I'm reviewing changeset one how do I know if changes I'm commenting on were not modified in changeset two? Currently I'm constantly running into situation where I am making a ton of Change Requirements only to find out that most of them were already made a few changesets later.

4 hours ago, calbzam said:

Why don't you create a code review for the full task brannch? 

Because reviewing changeset by changeset is officially recommended:
https://www.plasticscm.com/book/?utm_source=plasticscm-blog&utm_medium=blog-post&utm_content=thenewplasticcodereviewsystem#_checkin_often_and_keep_reviewers_in_mind

Reviewing entire branch at once can be overwhelming when 70 files or so have been modified during a task

I normally do this by creating the review for the entire branch. Then I go through the changesets one after another, looking at each in turn. Before making a comment, I check in the [whole-]branch review whether the piece of code I'm about to comment on was changed further or not.

@Angew That's more or less how I've been dealing with this problem but I thought there's a more convenient way I just don't know about. Honestly, simple marking lines that have been added in this changeset but altered/deleted in a later one with a different color would be very helpful

We have in our roadmap to create a new panel (a third panel) that will show a diff against the head of the branch when you are performing a review changeset by changeset.

For now, you can open a diff of the branch and take notes of the proposed changes so can take a look if they are already applied. Not the ultimate solution but hope it helps.

Regards,

Carlos.