Unity3D plugin no longer works

derkork

Hey there,

after the latest upgrade I keep getting strange messages from the Unity3D plugin complaining that it needs a special license in my Plastic SCM server. We're using  the community edition because we are way below 15 users and so far the plugin as not complained about licenses. How can this be fixed?

Kind regards,

Jan

Hi Jan,

In order to use the plugin you need:

• Unity Pro (Unity charges about $1500 per developer, correct?)
  • Unity Team license (Unity charges about $500 per developer)
  • One of the commercial Plastic SCM licenses (it can be a yearly subscription).

We're working to offer some sort of discount together with Unity but it is still not there yet.

Thanks!

pablo

Hi Jan,

In order to use the plugin you need:

• Unity Pro (Unity charges about $1500 per developer, correct?)
  • Unity Team license (Unity charges about $500 per developer)

We're working to offer some sort of discount together with Unity but it is still not there yet.

Thanks!

pablo

Unity Pro is not required for the Unity Team License. 

So it's Plastic SCM that requires you to have Unity Pro? 

Hi Pablo,

thanks for this information. The plugin used to work with the Community Edition. Why is there this sudden change in a patch level update? It would have been nice to announce these plans and do the change in proper release instead of bringing it through the backdoor in a patch level update and not even mentioning this in the release notes, so people could have made an informed decision on using Plastic or something else. Now we have migrated our stuff to Plastic only to be suddenly faced with the decision to move to something else or shell out a considerable amount of money. And due to the nature in which this happened, I'm currently rather inclined to move to something else before having the next change like this in a patch level which forces us to spend even more money. Don't get me wrong on this - I don't mind paying for a useful product, but the way you introduced this was not well chosen, to say the least. 

On a related note, you mentioned a special pricing for Unity users, do you have a timeline on when this will be available?

Kind regards,

Jan

Unity Pro is not required for the Unity Team License. 

So it's Plastic SCM that requires you to have Unity Pro? 

Hi, no, Plastic doesn't set any additional requirements, but I think the plugins are only enabled in Unity Pro (not our fault)

Hi Pablo,

thanks for this information. The plugin used to work with the Community Edition. Why is there this sudden change in a patch level update? It would have been nice to announce these plans and do the change in proper release instead of bringing it through the backdoor in a patch level update and not even mentioning this in the release notes, so people could have made an informed decision on using Plastic or something else. Now we have migrated our stuff to Plastic only to be suddenly faced with the decision to move to something else or shell out a considerable amount of money. And due to the nature in which this happened, I'm currently rather inclined to move to something else before having the next change like this in a patch level which forces us to spend even more money. Don't get me wrong on this - I don't mind paying for a useful product, but the way you introduced this was not well chosen, to say the least. 

On a related note, you mentioned a special pricing for Unity users, do you have a timeline on when this will be available?

Kind regards,

Jan

Hi Jan,

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Look, the thing is that the Plastic SCM Unity plugin is only sold through the Unity Store - https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/13429. That's why is tied to a commercial license.

The thing is that during some weeks the CE wasn't updated to the latest version, that's all.

Please contact support and we'll try to find out the best possible solution for you, granted.

Thanks,

pablo

Hi,

As far is I know, Unity requieres to have a Pro version + Team License to install the Plastic SCM plugin. And as Pablo said,  the Plastic SCM Unity plugin is only sold through the Unity Store.

Please contact support (support@codicesoftware.com) and we'll try to find a solution for your case.

Regards,

Carlos

• 4 months later...

Quick question to clear pricing up. You mention the following as all that's required:

• Unity Pro (Unity charges about $1500 per developer, correct?)
  • Unity Team license (Unity charges about $500 per developer)

Where does the plugin https://www.assetsto...#/content/13429 come in this? Do we also need to purchase this from the asset store for each user?

Archived