Merging back from a branch that has been subtracted

danonBB

I had to revert 2 changesets because of incorrectly manually solved conflicts. I used a subtractive merge for this as adviced in this article: 

http://blog.plasticscm.com/2014/07/how-to-undo-merge.html

Now I want to merge these 2 changesets again and solve the conflicts again, this time being aware of what went wrong. The article mentioned above says to use a cherrypick on subtracted changesets to do so, but when I try it, it says thah the content of this changeset is already merged. How can I merge these branches back to main? 

I tried cherrypicking both from 1 and 1s (and 2 and 2s respectively) but it says the content is already merged. 
image.png.dfa1d05df8e43c8badfe78837898f386.png

Hi,

From the blog post:

• Cherry-pick (ignoring traceability) the subtracted changeset (purple merge link).
  • Merge from the task branch again (green merge link).

It's important to selecting "ignoring traceability" when performing the cherry-pick opeartion. I think it could be the problem.

Regards,

Carlos.

How do I select that? When I Right click on the changeset and I can see a "Cherrypick from this changeset..." option. When I click it, I immediately get "The merge search has finished; merge destination already contains source changes." message. I can't see "ignoring traceability"option anywhere

In your screenshot, I can see you already performed the cherry-pick. In that case, please delete the result changeset and repeat the same cherry-pick operation but now selecting "Ignore merge tracking" in the merge options. 

I think the blog post is not very clear about that so sorry for the inconveniences.

image.png

Regards,

Carlos.

I didn't perform a cherry pick, just subtractive merge. When I tried to perform a cherrypick (first time and any following time) I immediately got "The merge search has finished; merge destination already contains source changes." message. Merge Options popup never showed up. 

Also I wasn't aware that I can delete changesets. How would it behave when I have changeset 1,2 and 3 on the same branch and I delete changeset number 2? Do I have to check in the deletion or am I deleteing directly from the cloud?

I didn't perform a cherry pick, just subtractive merge. When I tried to perform a cherrypick (first time and any following time) I immediately got "The merge search has finished; merge destination already contains source changes." message. Merge Options popup never showed up. 

"Merge options" is not a pop up but a button you need to click to change the "Ignore emrge tracking" setting:

image.png

Also I wasn't aware that I can delete changesets. How would it behave when I have changeset 1,2 and 3 on the same branch and I delete changeset number 2? Do I have to check in the deletion or am I deleteing directly from the cloud?

You can only delete a changeset if it's the last changeset of the branch.

Regards,

Carlos.