Configuration problem using Ubuntu 14 and LDAP authentication

swinkler

Hi,

I'm having a problem configuring the SCM client running on Ubuntu 14 (in a VMWare virtual machine hosted on W8) and using LDAP authentication. I installed the client following the recommendation of manu in this thread http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/2193-install-on-ubuntu-1404/.

When configuring the client the follwoing message appears after clicking "Test connection".

post-28015-0-70372800-1399274413_thumb.png

I have no clue what the problem is and how to solve this. Can you please provide help? Thanks!

Hi,

Could you check if there is "remoting.conf" file in the Plastic client folder?

This is my "remoting.conf" sample file:

<configuration>
    <system.runtime.remoting>
        <application>
            <channels>
                <channel type="Codice.Channels.PlasticTcpChannel, plastictcpchannel" name="normal">
                    <clientProviders>
                        <provider type="Codice.Channels.ClientSinkProvider, plastictcpchannel" />
                        <formatter ref="binary" />
                    </clientProviders>
                </channel>
                <channel type="Codice.Channels.PlasticSecuredTcpChannel, plastictcpchannel" >
                    <clientProviders>
                    </clientProviders>
                </channel>
            </channels>
        </application>
    </system.runtime.remoting>
</configuration>

Regards,
Carlos

Hi,

yes we have a remoting.conf on the server. I'm running the plastic client on Windows 8 too, but with AD authentication and it works so far. 

<configuration>
    <system.runtime.remoting>
        <application>
            <channels>
                <channel type="Codice.Channels.PlasticTcpChannel,plastictcpchannel" port="8087" name="normal">
                    <serverProviders>
                        <formatter type="Codice.Channels.PlasticBinaryServerFormatterSinkProvider, plastictcpchannel" typeFilterLevel="Full" Compression="sinklevel" SerializationObjectsAtSink="true" BufferPoolMax="10"/>
                        <provider type="Codice.CM.Server.ExceptionTracerSinkProvider, servercommon" />
                    </serverProviders>
                    <clientProviders>
                    </clientProviders>
                </channel>

<channel type="Codice.Channels.PlasticSecuredTcpChannel, plastictcpchannel" port="8088" sslPfxFile="ssl-certificate.pfx" sslPfxFilePassword="|SoC|pwd" name="secured">
                    <serverProviders>
                        <formatter type="Codice.Channels.PlasticBinaryServerFormatterSinkProvider, plastictcpchannel" typeFilterLevel="Full" Compression="sinklevel" SerializationObjectsAtSink="true" BufferPoolMax="10"/>
                        <provider type="Codice.CM.Server.ExceptionTracerSinkProvider, servercommon" />
                    </serverProviders>
                    <clientProviders>
                    </clientProviders>
                </channel>
            </channels>
        </application>
    </system.runtime.remoting>
</configuration>

Regards,

Stefan

• 4 weeks later...

Archived